Sterile Barrier Integrity Protection. Puncture & Abrasion Resistance.
FlexShield® is a flexible thermoplastic polyurethane film used for medical packaging, component, and product applications. Its durability and sterility lend itself to providing excellent protection for devices and patients.
FlexShield provides puncture and abrasion resistance in order to safely ship medical instruments without incurring damage to external packaging.
Utilizing FlexShield within your packaging systems will ensure the integrity of the sterile barrier between your instruments and outside contaminates.
FlexShield can be formed into unique shapes to ensure the integrity of the sterile barrier for your device. The material is approved for skin contact and has been used to protect patients from infection during surgery and to safeguard sensitive medical equipment.
All FlexShield products are manufactured and packaged within ISO Class 8 (Class 100,000) cleanrooms in ISO 13485:2003 certified facilities.
FlexShield® is a registered trade mark of UFP Technologies, Inc.
FlexShield is made from a medical-grade thermoplastic polyurethane film (TPU).
|Certifications||USP Class VI Resin, FDA Approved, Biocompatible|
|Compatible Sterilizations||EtO, Gamma|
|Thicknesses Available||.003" - 0.55"|
Standard Packaging Solutions
In addition to custom FlexShield solutions, we offer standard FlexShield packaging products to ensure sterile barrier integrity. These products are industry proven, and require no engineering or tooling investment.
- Designed with the surgeons and nurses in mind, FlexShield packaging pouches easily break apart to provide an effortless aseptic presentation of the medical instruments they protect.
- Eight standard sizes available.
- Used to protect the ends of sharp, delicate medical instruments such as: surgical screws, pins, and trocars.
- FlexShield is ideal for replacing PVC and other materials being phased out of the medical device industry.
- An extra layer of protection to ensure sterile barrier integrity.
- FlexShield bags provide versatility as a packaging medium. They can be used across multiple medical products of varying sizes.
FlexShield Sizing Chart for Medical Devices & Implants
|Medical Product||Suggested FlexShield Product|
|Surgical saw blades||Pouches:
|Surgical needles, pins, & screws||Bags:
UFP Technologies is here to service your medical device needs. Our team of engineers can design FlexShield to meet your application.
How it's being used today:
- Within sterile barrier packaging systems
- Sterile barrier protection for medical equipment
- Surgical aids for infection prevention
- Robotics components
- Negative pressure wound therapy (NPWT) device components