About UFP Technologies:
UFP Technologies is a producer of innovative custom-engineered components, products, and specialty packaging. Using foams, plastics, composites, and natural fiber materials, we design and manufacture a vast range of solutions primarily for the medical, automotive, aerospace & defense, electronics, consumer, and industrial markets. Our team acts as an extension of customers’ in-house research, engineering and manufacturing groups, working closely with them to solve their most complex product and packaging challenges. For our customers, innovation takes many shapes. But each solution is shaped by a level of design, materials and process expertise that is unique to UFP Technologies.
Position Location: Newburyport, MA
Position Details: This is a part-time position.
The Accounts Payable (A/P) Administrator is responsible for performing all aspects of the accounts payable process for multiple divisions under the direction of the Corporate Accounting Manager. Responsibilities include maintenance of vendor records, review of vendor invoices for accuracy against purchase orders, receipt of reports and/or other appropriate documents, and obtainment of approval by managers where applicable. The A/P Administrator vouchers all invoices and processes weekly check runs. This position also serves as a help desk for all divisions’ accounts payable questions/problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Matches invoices to purchase orders and shipping/receiving and/or other documents, obtains approval by managers where appropriate (e.g. expense reports, phone, legal, audit bills, etc.) in accordance with established company authorization guidelines. Audits invoices for accuracy in quantity, pricing, and proper support, and reports discrepancies to purchasing and/or the vendor.
- Vouchers all approved vendor invoices for multiple divisions. Calculates and posts corporate allocations to multiple divisions for centralized billing (e.g. Fed Ex, data lines, long distance and wireless phone bills, business forms, expense reports, etc.), and prints posting journals for internal control.
- Processes vendor checks, assembles with invoices for approval and signature, and prints posting journals for multiple divisions.
- Maintains vendor records. Verifies accuracy for critical fields such as eligible discounts and remit-to addresses.
- Resolves vendor issues on an ongoing basis.
- Performs all other duties as assigned or needed.
Education / Experience:
- High School Diploma or Associate Degree
- 1-year related experience and/or training in accounting/bookkeeping.
- Proficiency using standard software applications (Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, accounting software, etc.).
- Epicor ERP systems experience a plus.
Please apply here.
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled