About UFP Technologies:
UFP Technologies is a producer of innovative custom-engineered components, products, and specialty packaging. Using foams, plastics, composites, and natural fiber materials, we design and manufacture a vast range of solutions primarily for the medical, automotive, aerospace & defense, electronics, consumer, and industrial markets. Our team acts as an extension of customers’ in-house research, engineering and manufacturing groups, working closely with them to solve their most complex product and packaging challenges. For our customers, innovation takes many shapes. But each solution is shaped by a level of design, materials and process expertise that is unique to UFP Technologies.
Position Location: Huntsville, AL
Summary: Responsible for assisting the engineering department with design, test and transition activities necessary to bring products from concept through transfer to manufacturing, while ensuring that products meet customer requirements and are able to be manufactured profitably. May assist the engineering and manufacturing groups for resolving process problems and improving safety, quality, and productivity on assigned programs/processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interacts with internal and external personnel including engineering, sales, manufacturing, and customer service as well as vendors to successfully complete assigned programs and projects.
- Assists manufacturing in the transition of new projects from design and development through to production, including ensuring all required engineering documentation (drawings, spec sheets, work instructions, item masters, BOM’s) are complete before transfer.
- Participates in the design of new products and tooling.
- Set up and perform sample runs for new product approvals.
- Tests materials and designs through screening testing or to demonstrate basic functionality.
- Works with quality to measure and inspect parts to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Participates on continuous improvement teams to improve efficiencies and profit margins.
Education / Experience:
- BS degree in Engineering or technical field with 1-2 years-OR- Associates degree in CAD and/or technical field with 3-5 years relevant experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of plastics, foamed plastics, textiles and or medical applications.
- Depending on site location must be familiar with internal quality systems.
- Proficiency in CAD software including SolidWorks, AutoCad and or Master Cam.
UFP Technologies, Inc. offers a full benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401K with a matching contribution, profit sharing, paid time off, paid holidays, employee discounts and much more!
Click to apply here!
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.