About UFP Technologies:
UFP Technologies is an innovative designer and custom manufacturer of components, subassemblies, products, and packaging primarily for the medical market. Utilizing highly specialized foams, films and plastics, UFP converts raw materials through laminating, molding, radio frequency welding, and fabricating techniques. The Company is diversified by also providing highly engineered solutions to customers in the aerospace & defense, automotive, consumer, electronics and industrial markets.
UFP Technologies offers a competitive benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401K with a matching contribution, paid time off, paid holidays, employee discounts and much more!
Location: Newburyport, MA
The Benefits Representative is responsible for responding to employee inquiries and questions, administering HR processes and services, managing data in HR systems and handling communications relating to new hires, terminations, qualifying events, and leaves. The Benefits Representative is also responsible for ensuring compliance with the company’s benefit programs. This position interfaces with management and internal/external customers and undertakes various functional projects, as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administers various employee benefit programs, such as group health, dental, vision, spending accounts (FSA/HSA), accident, disability, life insurance, and wellness activities.
- Processes enrollments, qualifying life events, and terminations in a timely manner to ensure there are no issues with employees’ access to benefits or COBRA notifications.
- Oversees file maintenance in HRIS, COBRA, and various carrier websites as needed.
- Explains benefits and employee self-service enrollment system to ensure employees have adequate information to make enrollment decisions.
- Acts as a liaison between the company and providers to resolve outstanding issues and/or claim inquiries.
- Communicates with Payroll on benefit issues that impact payroll processing for all locations and helps coordinate any necessary communication with site HR partners.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resources records while maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of the files.
- Maintains and distributes new hire orientation packets. Mails to applicable sites or people as needed.
- Prepares monthly billing statements and conducts quarterly audits of vendor invoices.
- Assists in updating and posting documents to HR SharePoint site.
- Assists the Benefits Manager during the various open enrollment periods from event preparation to closure.
- Performs HRIS data entry; processing Personnel Action Forms (PAFs).
- Processes medical child support orders, responds to reference checks, and verifications of employment (VOEs).
- Performs support functions for the HR department, which includes record keeping, mailings, answering telephones, referring messages, mail distribution and other related duties.
Education / Experience:
- Associate degree: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of HR office administration, related office experience or professional certification.
- Working knowledge of applicable federal and state laws pertinent to benefit administration (ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA).
- Strong computer skills; proficiency with MS Office and HR related databases and systems. ADP WFN preferred.
- Bilingual / Spanish speaking is a plus.
- Positive “can do” attitude is a must.
Click here to apply for this job.
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.