About UFP Technologies:
UFP Technologies is an innovative designer and custom manufacturer of components, subassemblies, products, and packaging primarily for the medical market. Utilizing highly specialized foams, films and plastics, UFP converts raw materials through laminating, molding, radio frequency welding, and fabricating techniques. The Company is diversified by also providing highly engineered solutions to customers in the aerospace & defense, automotive, consumer, electronics and industrial markets.
Position Location: Kissimmee, FL
Coordinates all activities related to procurement necessary to keep the Florida site supplied with materials, supplies, and services needed from intent to purchase to delivery utilizing the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system. Negotiates with suppliers to get the lowest possible cost for the purchased parts and supplies using best buy practices. Expedites and tracks delivery to ensure schedules are met. Obtains quotes for materials, supplies, and services as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Purchases materials, supplies, and services as needed with best buy in mind.
- Enters orders in computer from scratch or from ERP system purchasing suggestions; follows up and expedites with suppliers, and tracks with freight companies when needed.
- Attends production meetings.
- Works with customer service department, if needed, advising material due dates.
- Partners with customer service and production if material supply is delayed, or coordination needed.
- Obtains quotes for materials, supplies, and services as needed. Searches for materials and pricing, with the intent of obtaining best deal.
- Obtains updated or varied quantity pricing and lead time on existing parts.
- Negotiates for savings and better costs as needed.
- Works with suppliers, handles supplier rejects, returns/credits, and maintains records in the supplier quality system.
- Completes special projects as assigned from Supply Chain Manager, Plant Manager, Engineers, or others, related to product search, costing, plant operations, or financials.
- Helps to maintain accurate material prices and freight costs; collect specification, SDS sheets, or various material certifications as requested.
- Helps maintain approved supplier files, supplier information and part information in ERP system.
- Tracks materials/inventory levels on certain projects on a regular basis.
- Maintains material flow and paperwork for sub-contract suppliers; closely monitors order status and requirements.
- Associates degree or 2 years of college education, and minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong analytical abilities working with ERP and MRP systems.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from groups of managers, coworkers, suppliers, and customers.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Detail oriented and accurate with input.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Must possess the ability to work with numbers and fractions.
Please apply here.
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled