About UFP MedTech:
UFP MedTech, a UFP Technologies, Inc (Nasdaq:UFPT) business, offers a full suite of design, development, process, and manufacturing services for single-use and single patient medical devices. We create OEM devices, subassemblies, components and packaging, from Innovation to Manufacturing, using a differentiated flexible materials portfolio with best-in-class operational excellence systems to improve patient outcomes for our clients.
Our culture is centered around innovation, collaboration, creativity, and service. This is the connective tissue that drives our pursuit of industry leadership and customer partnerships throughout our organization.
UFP Technologies offers a competitive benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401K with a matching contribution, paid time off, paid holidays, employee discounts and much more!
Coordinates all activities related to procurement necessary to keep the Chicopee, MA facility supplied with materials, supplies and services needed, from intent to purchase to delivery, utilizing the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP/MRP) system. Expedites and tracks delivery to ensure schedules are met. Obtains quotes for materials, supplies and services as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keeps ISO Approved Supplier List current and obtains ISO Certificates and handles Supplier Surveys.
- Maintains CERTS to shared file.
- Maintains continuous communication with suppliers and notifies them on quality issues identified, corrective actions, delivery schedules, delays, shortages, etc.
- Communicates internally to operations team on material issues and advises appropriate personnel regarding late deliveries and impact to business.
- Partners with Incoming Material Inspection Department on material approval status or issues.
- Allocates MRA’s to suppliers.
- Completes material purchases for shipping supplies, first aid supplies and other commodities as needed.
- Tracks orders for delivery.
- Obtains quotes for materials, supplies and services as needed.
- Attends and participates in the twice weekly "Due to Ship” meetings; advises on material delivery issues and potential alternatives.
- Works with our quality team and suppliers handling supplier rejects, returns/credits and maintains records in the Supplier Corrective Action Report (SCAR) system.
- Supports year-end inventory.
- Obtains samples from suppliers as requested.
- Performs purchase order maintenance associated with ordering and expediting.
- Maintains cost savings projects spreadsheet for purchasing.
Education / Experience:
- Associates degree or 2 years of college education and 1 to 3 years related experience and/or training; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong analytical abilities working with ERP and MRP systems, Epicor a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from groups of managers, coworkers, vendors and customers.
- Experience with lean manufacturing and six sigma environment a plus.
- Experience using EPICOR MRP system is preferred.
Please apply here.
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.