About Dielectrics a UFP Technologies Company:
Dielectrics is the recognized leader in the design, development, and manufacturer of medical devices using thermoplastic materials. Our advanced suite of technologies, innovative processes and highest quality materials successfully bring our client’s products from concept to market. We share our customers’ excitement for innovation. We think there’s always a better way – whether it’s through subtle design improvements, changes in materials or the development of custom manufacturing equipment.
Position Location: Chicopee, MA
The CAD Specialist will perform a wide variety of duties to develop and produce detailed drawings, prints, and/or plans for tooling and equipment used in the manufacturing process. Duties include utilizing CAD systems to produce prints, maintaining a liaison with engineering and customers, maintaining hardcopy archives, files, and other similar duties pertaining to the development of product prints/plans. The CAD Specialist will work under the direction of the CAD Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops detailed tooling and or equipment design drawings. Works from concept sketches/drawings, samples and/or R&D plans. Produces detailed prints of required tooling/equipment down to component levels. Produces product print plans for customer approval.
- Produces drawings for tooling changes or modifications from engineering change requests.
- Downloads\uploads electronic files and forward to customer or vendors.
- Develops prints for company facilities layouts, machine layout floor plans, etc.
- Maintains a working liaison with project engineers, R&D personnel, customers, etc. to discuss product details and requirements related to tooling/equipment design.
- Maintains archives of prints/plans. Maintains hardcopy files of prints. Updates records and prints as changes or modifications are made.
- Designs new tooling and fixtures for modifications to existing tooling as required by product modification, process changes, manufacturing problems, etc.
- Reviews process problems, engineering changes, product modification, product performance requirements, etc. & review with appropriate project personnel.
- Issues purchase orders to vendors and follow progress until the completion of the project.
Education / Experience:
- Proficient at SolidWorks.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Visual acuity to written and/or computer screen data and graphics.
- Good overall understanding of production processing.
- Ability to create and understand product and tooling prints.
The position requires a candidate to evidence their ability to live and work unsponsored in the United States as an employment contingency.
We offer the right candidate a competitive compensation package that includes a full menu of benefits including health and dental coverage, life and disability insurance, paid time off and 401(k) with company match.
Submittal before January 31, 2020 is requested.
Please apply here.
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled