Reporting to the CAD supervisors, the CAD Specialist will perform a wide variety of duties to develop and produce detailed drawings, prints, and/or plans for tooling and equipment used in the manufacturing process. Duties include utilizing CAD systems to produce prints, maintaining a liaison with engineering and customers, maintaining hardcopy archives, files, and other similar duties pertaining to the development of product prints/plans.
Position Location: Chicopee, MA
Position type: Full-time
UFP Technologies, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package, including but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance
- 401K with a matching contribution
- Paid time off, Paid holidays, Employee discounts and much more!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops detailed tooling and or equipment design drawings. Works from concept sketches/drawings, samples and/or R&D plans. Produces detailed prints of required tooling/equipment down to component levels. Produces product print plans for customer approval.
- Produces drawings for tooling changes or modifications from engineering change requests.
- Downloads\uploads electronic files and forward to customer or vendors.
- Develops prints for company facilities layouts, machine layout floor plans, etc.
- Maintains a working liaison with project engineers, R&D personnel, customers, etc. to discuss product details and requirements related to tooling/equipment design.
- Maintains archives of prints/plans. Maintains hardcopy files of prints. Updates records and prints as changes or modifications are made.
- Designs new tooling and fixtures for modifications to existing tooling as required by product modification, process changes, manufacturing problems, etc.
- Reviews process problems, engineering changes, product modification, product performance requirements, etc. & review with appropriate project personnel.
- Issues purchase orders to vendors and follow progress until the completion of the project.
Education / Experience:
- Proficient at SolidWorks.
- 2 years experience interpreting CAD and SolidWorks designs.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Visual acuity to written and/or computer screen data and graphics.
- Good overall understanding of production processing.
- Ability to create and understand product and tooling prints.
About UFP MedTech:
UFP MedTech, a UFP Technologies, Inc (Nasdaq:UFPT) business, offers a full suite of design, development, process, and manufacturing services for single-use and single patient medical devices. We create OEM devices, subassemblies, components and packaging, from Innovation to Manufacturing, using a differentiated flexible materials portfolio with best-in-class operational excellence systems to improve patient outcomes for our clients.
Our culture is centered around innovation, collaboration, creativity, and service. This is the connective tissue that drives our pursuit of industry leadership and customer partnerships throughout our organization.
Please apply here.
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled