About UFP Technologies:
UFP Technologies is an innovative designer and custom manufacturer of components, subassemblies, products, and packaging primarily for the medical market. Utilizing highly specialized foams, films and plastics, UFP converts raw materials through laminating, molding, radio frequency welding, and fabricating techniques. The Company is diversified by also providing highly engineered solutions to customers in the aerospace & defense, automotive, consumer, electronics and industrial markets.
Position Location: Newburyport, MA
Position Summary: Responsible for the management of all aspects of customer accounts, serving as the primary point of contact to ensure all requirements are understood and addressed, creating a streamlined experience for our key customers across multiple market segments. A competent Customer Service Representative should be flexible enough to handle a variety of duties that pertain to the business and customers, simplifying the process for customers to work with UFP and collaborating with various internal departments to ensure that all customer needs are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Timely and accurately performs order entry and acknowledgement.
- Performs contract reviews to ensure compliance to customer and ISO requirements.
- Resolves complaints through returns, replacements, credits and quality support.
- Works with customers on monthly and quarterly forecasting.
- Collects and analyzes data for customer trends.
- Interfaces with customer EDI systems.
- Builds strong customer relationships to maintain current business and acquire new business.
- Manages customer documentation and regulatory requests.
- Coordinates pricing updates, quote delivery and shipping schedules.
Internal Support Functions:
- Coordinates with Purchasing, Production and Shipping to define and meet customer deliverables.
- Participates in daily production meetings/reviews.
- Provides regular forecasts to assist in operations, resource and materials planning.
- Coordinates with sales to generate quote requests, fulfill samples and other internal support as required.
- Coordinates with Engineering to facilitate new product activities, requirements and approvals.
- Provides input for internal reporting systems such as on-time Delivery, late shipment analysis, complaint tracking and budgets vs forecasts.
- Supports Quality in customer and ISO audits.
- Participates in Root Cause Analysis and Continuous Process Improvement initiatives.
Education / Experience:
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED) required.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a customer service or related role.
- Experience working in medical device industry and/or manufacturing environment preferred.
- Familiar with ISO9001 and ISO13485.
- Problem solving skills to help resolve customer complaints and internal issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Exceptional organizational and timeline management skills required.
- Works well in a fast- paced environment and demonstrates a sense of urgency.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task effectively.
- Microsoft Office application skills (Outlook, Excel, Word etc.).
- Ability to use an ERP system (EPICOR) preferred.
- Analytical skills for analyzing customer data and internal performances.
- Detail oriented and accurate.
UFP Technologies, Inc. offers a full benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401K with a matching contribution, paid time off, paid holidays, employee discounts and much more!
Please apply here.
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled