About UFP Technologies:
UFP Technologies is an innovative designer and custom manufacturer of components, subassemblies, products, and packaging primarily for the medical market. Utilizing highly specialized foams, films and plastics, UFP converts raw materials through laminating, molding, radio frequency welding, and fabricating techniques. The Company is diversified by also providing highly engineered solutions to customers in the aerospace & defense, automotive, consumer, electronics and industrial markets.
Position Location: Chicopee, MA
Summary: The Design Engineer performs the activities associated with the development and integration of medical products. Leads the design and development of product solutions to fulfill market and customer needs. Manages resources to reducing time-to-market, developing design and design support resources to support future growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as a technical point-of-contact, dealing directly with the customer to define the problem they are trying to solve, developing product specifications and managing development through the rapid prototype, design approval and transfer of products into production.
- Conducts face-to-face meetings with customers defining product specifications and providing updates on new product development projects.
- Provides hands-on design support utilizing design tools like; Solid Works, CAD, and statistical tools to develop new products to meet customer requirements.
- Collaborates with account and sales management to secure new product and product innovation revenue in support of our business objectives.
- Manages cross-functional teams, as required.
- Conducts design review meetings with customers.
- Works closely with manufacturing & automation engineering, quality, production and other internal resources to ensure that customer and business objectives are achieved.
- Develops and monitors project budgets and schedules, forecast completion, and identifies and resolves threats to on-time project completion.
- Performs all other duties as assigned or needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Physics
- One to three years of experience in design or applications engineering, or equivalent combination of experience and education. Minimum of 1 year interfacing directly with customers.
- Medical device environment experience desired.
- Hands-on experience in the use of CAD tools required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong organizational skills required.
UFP Technologies, Inc. offers a full benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401K with a matching contribution, paid time off, paid holidays, employee discounts and much more!
Please apply here.
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.