About UFP Technologies:
UFP Technologies is an innovative designer and custom manufacturer of components, subassemblies, products, and packaging primarily for the medical market. Utilizing highly specialized foams, films and plastics, UFP converts raw materials through laminating, molding, radio frequency welding, and fabricating techniques. The Company is diversified by also providing highly engineered solutions to customers in the aerospace & defense, automotive, consumer, electronics and industrial markets.
Position Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Summary: The Helpdesk Technician will be responsible for supervising the helpdesk system on a daily basis by addressing issues as they are received. Interacts with employees to troubleshoot and resolve IT-related complications while providing excellent customer service and communication. Supports Active Directory and Exchange.
- Establishes and maintains a working knowledge of the system's screens, navigation, procedures, and processing requirements.
- Supervises the day-to-day operations of the helpdesk system.
- Fields incoming requests; acts as a dispatcher, escalating calls where appropriate and coordinating timely resolutions to users’ problems.
- Assists with handling 1st tier issues, answering users' inquiries regarding computer software and hardware operation to resolve problems.
- Installs and troubleshoots desktop hardware, printers, phones, etc.
- Installs and troubleshoots Windows 10 Operating Systems including installing desktop applications.
- Clearly communicates technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner.
- Performs consistent follow-up with users to ensure complete resolution and user satisfaction.
- Creates and manages user security in Active Directory and business applications.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma, or general education degree (GED), and
- 1 - 2 years’ experience supporting Windows 10, including software and driver installation preferred.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory needed. Must have experience creating and modifying users.
- Experience in a customer service environment required.
- Must have a solid understanding of network protocols (i.e. DNS, DHCP, and TCPIP).
- Must have a working knowledge of network hardware such as switches, firewalls, access points, etc.
- Experience/familiarity with the following desired:
- Switches and routers (preferably Cisco)
- A+, Network+, or Security+ certifications
UFP Technologies, Inc. offers a full benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401K with a matching contribution, paid time off, paid holidays, employee discounts and much more!
Please apply here.
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled