About UFP Technologies:
UFP Technologies is an innovative designer and custom manufacturer of components, subassemblies, products, and packaging primarily for the medical market. Utilizing highly specialized foams, films and plastics, UFP converts raw materials through laminating, molding, radio frequency welding, and fabricating techniques. The Company is diversified by also providing highly engineered solutions to customers in the aerospace & defense, automotive, consumer, electronics and industrial markets.
Position Location: Newburyport, MA
Job Summary: The Human Resources (HR) Generalist reports to the HR Director and is responsible for design, implementation, and administration of HR programs, practices and procedures to all levels of employees. The HR Generalist will lead in the areas of recruitment, affirmative action reporting, employment & staffing, as well as overseeing the performance management program. They will also assist in carrying out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: benefits, compensation, employee relations, labor relations, training and development, HRIS administration, HR portal maintenance, personnel management, as well as time and attendance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops, implements, and oversees a full cycle recruitment process, including job requisitions, internal and external job postings, sourcing, pre-screening, interviewing, background screening, pre-employment drug screening, offer packages, job descriptions, as well as an onboarding process.
- Reports to management on status of open requisitions and the cost to fill.
- Provides pro-active assistance to the recruiting effort by developing and implementing training on interviewing skills, relevant aspects of employment law, screening techniques, effective onboarding, etc.
- Establishes and develops relationships with vendors, colleges, universities, professional organizations and other resources, which provide access to talent we recruit. Establishes collaborative working relationships with hiring managers.
- Ensures the company’s onboarding program is implemented across the company consistently and evaluates its effectiveness.
- Develops and maintains the affirmative action program, including applicant tracking and the development of policy and procedures, as well as training for users.
- Develops, implements, and oversees the performance management process, including identifying review forms for various position levels, implementing the performance management module, developing training for current and new managers and employees, as well as creating and maintaining the policy and procedures on this program.
- Ensures company’s performance management program is implemented across the company consistently and evaluates its effectiveness.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Analyzes turnover data and recommends and develops programs to reduce turnover in critical positions.
- Maintains job descriptions; responsible for writing and updating as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years HR experience with minimum of 1 year recruitment experience. Experience in the manufacturing industry is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit for a broad range of organizational positions, such as manufacturing, engineering, sales, management, etc.
- Proficient in using online social media tools.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Strong initiative, solid judgment, and influence skills required.
- Excellent communication skills, as well as, demonstrated customer focus and ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people at all levels.
- ADP WFN or HRIS experience desired.
- HR Professional Certification desired.
Please apply here.
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled