Dielectrics a UFP Technologies Company:
In 2018, UFP acquired Dielectrics, a leader in the design, development, and manufacture of medical devices using thermoplastic material.
UFP Technologies is a producer of innovative custom-engineered components, products, and specialty packaging. Using foams, plastics, composites, and natural fiber materials, we design and manufacture a vast range of solutions primarily for the medical, automotive, aerospace & defense, electronics, consumer, and industrial markets. Our team acts as an extension of customers’ in-house research, engineering and manufacturing groups, working closely with them to solve their most complex product and packaging challenges. For our customers, innovation takes many shapes. But each solution is shaped by a level of design, materials and process expertise that is unique to UFP Technologies.
Position Location: Chicopee, MA
The Human Resources (HR) Generalist will perform the HR functions to support the Chicopee, MA facility. The incumbent will report directly to the Plant Manager with a strong dotted line to the Corporate Human Resources Director. They are responsible for disseminating all Corporate HR initiatives and programs. The HR Generalist will perform related duties at the site level and may carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: employment and staffing, onboarding, training and development, employee relations, affirmative action, employee recognition, and compensation / incentive programs, as well as may play a role in safety.
- Coordinates and conducts the full cycle recruiting process for the site (i.e. posting jobs internally and externally, attending job fairs, partnerships with local colleges, scheduling interviews, interviewing candidates, initiating background screens, setting up pre-employment drug screens, and generating and sending offer letters) as well as works with the hiring managers on onboarding new hires.
- Conducts new employee orientations to ensure that employees gain an understanding of the company’s policies, procedures, benefit plans, and enrollment provisions.
- Partners with local staffing agencies to obtain the best rate for the site for purchased staffing needs.
- Maintains affirmative action program recordkeeping and uses company’s applicant tracking system to maintain and respond to applicants.
- Advises, counsels and provides feedback to managers and employees on performance management and employee relations issues to constructively resolve problems.
- Works with management to create development plans and identify training resources to ensure employee training and development needs are met.
- Assists in ensuring company policies and practices are compliant with federal, state and local employment laws and procedures, including record keeping, policy statements, non-discriminatory practices, regulation compliance, etc.
- Maintains the employment and training records for onsite personnel.
- With the guidance of corporate HR, monitors the day-to-day implementation of policies concerning wages, hours and working conditions.
- Assists with benefit questions/issues and partners with corporate Benefit Manager on health care and various leaves of absence to ensure accurate recordkeeping and compliance with applicable state, federal and local regulations.
- Serves as an extension of the corporate HR team during the annual open enrollment process by distributing materials and assisting with the effective communication of benefit plans and changes.
- Implements and maintains employee recognition and morale programs Oversees the corporate service award program for the site.
- Responds and represents the site for unemployment claims.
- Oversees workers compensation administration; i.e. management of claims and return to work.
- Coordinates with corporate HR on all involuntary terminations prior to termination. Ensures proper documentation and ensures processing of termination is completed in proper time frame.
- Provides monthly key performance indicators (KPIs), reporting on absenteeism, turnover, accident rates, etc.
- Oversees attendance policy enforcement and tracking; i.e. generates attendance reports & guides supervisors with disciplinary actions.
- Responds to employment verification requests.
- Communicates with payroll regarding new hires, terminations, LOA and RTW status.
- Processes bi-weekly payroll and administer all personnel and compensation changes for the salary employees.
- Responsible for researching opportunities to promote the site with the local and state resources and associations (i.e. the local Chamber of Commerce, state grants, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3 to 5 years HR Generalist experience.
- HR Professional Certification preferred; i.e. SHRM CP.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of HRIS systems (ADP, Harpers, Time & Attendance Software)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office skills (Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus.
Please apply here.
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.