About UFP Technologies
UFP Technologies is an innovative designer and custom manufacturer of components, subassemblies, products, and packaging primarily for the medical market. Utilizing highly specialized foams, films and plastics, UFP converts raw materials through laminating, molding, radio frequency welding, and fabricating techniques. The Company is diversified by also providing highly engineered solutions to customers in the aerospace & defense, automotive, consumer, electronics and industrial markets.
Position Location: Clinton, IA
Positions on all shifts available, starting at $15.00/hour. Wage increases for developmental milestones are anywhere from 120 days to one year, however, may be sooner given experience and drive!
We do require mandatory overtime as business needs dictate.
Responsible for the quality of manufactured parts and provides feedback to Machine Operators to optimize production. Under close supervision, determines whether final product meets company quality standards and customer requirements.
“Plus” means that the individual is responsible and cross trained to fill in the following positions as needed: Presser, Pulper, Material Handling. As a Packer Plus, you are required to stand for long periods of time, walk, stoop, use hands to pack boxes and/or lift boxes as well as stretch and reach with arms extended. Employees regularly will lift 20 pounds and up to 40 pounds with assistance. This is a production environment, so employees are exposed to moving mechanical parts, fluctuating temperatures and louder noise level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures the quality of manufactured parts and provide feedback to Machine Operators & Team Lead to optimize production.
- Ensures correct pack out procedures are being followed.
- Ensures pallets are built according to specifications.
- Determines if final product meets company quality standards and customer requirements.
- Partners with and refers more complex issues of product acceptability to Production Supervisor or Quality for approval.
- Completes daily inspection and pack report.
- Participates in a variety of cleaning duties during production shut down.
- Operates hot press and ensure the quality of final product.
- Meets or exceeds predetermined rate of speed of hot press products.
- Gauges, calibrates and inspects finished product according to customer and internal requirements.
- Communicates quality issues to Machine Operators, Working Team Lead and Pulpers for corrective measures.
- Trains and directs new Inspector/Packers on customer specific quality and packing requirements.
- Safely and conscientiously handle weight measuring and calibration equipment in order to regularly monitor quality.
- Operates Hot Press or conduct rework as needed.
- Maintains work area in clean and safe condition.
- Cross trains as a Pulper, Presser, Material Handler.
- Adheres to our PPE policy: safety glasses, safety shoes, face coverings and other special PPE dependent on tasks.
Education / Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or equivalent experience.
- Experience in manufacturing industry preferred, but not required.
UFP Technologies, Inc. offers a full benefit package, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401K with a matching contribution, paid time off, paid holidays, employee discounts and much more.
Click here to apply!
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.