About UFP Technologies
UFP Technologies is a producer of innovative custom-engineered components, products, and specialty packaging. Using foams, plastics, composites, and natural fiber materials, we design and manufacture a vast range of solutions primarily for the medical, automotive, aerospace & defense, electronics, consumer, and industrial markets. Our team acts as an extension of customers’ in-house research, engineering and manufacturing groups, working closely with them to solve their most complex product and packaging challenges. For our customers, innovation takes many shapes. But each solution is shaped by a level of design, materials and process expertise that is unique to UFP Technologies.
Position Location: Clinton, IA
Our work schedule is a rotating 48/36 work week:
Wknd Day Shift: Week 1: Thursday through Sunday 5AM - 5PM = 48 hours
Week 2: Friday through Sunday 5AM – 5PM = 36 hours
- OR -
Wknd Night Shift: Week 1: Thursday through Sunday 5PM – 5AM = 48 hours
Week 2: Friday through Sunday 5PM – 5AM = 36 hours
We do require mandatory overtime as business needs dictate.
Starting hourly pay is $15.00. Wage increases for developmental milestones are anywhere from 120 days to one year, however, may be sooner given experience and drive! $250 sign-on bonus for individuals new to UFP Technologies.
Responsible for the quality of manufactured parts and provides feedback to Machine Operators to optimize production. Under close supervision, determines whether final product meets company quality standards and customer requirements.
“Plus” means that the individual is responsible and cross trained to fill in the following positions as needed: Presser, Pulper, Material Handling. As a Packer Plus, you are required to stand for long periods of time, walk, stoop, use hands to pack boxes and/or lift boxes as well as stretch and reach with arms extended. Employees regularly will lift 20 pounds and up to 40 pounds with assistance. This is a production environment, so employees are exposed to moving mechanical parts, fluctuating temperatures and louder noise level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures the quality of manufactured parts and provide feedback to Machine Operators & Team Lead to optimize production.
- Ensures correct pack out procedures are being followed.
- Ensures pallets are built according to specifications.
- Determines if final product meets company quality standards and customer requirements.
- Partners with and refers more complex issues of product acceptability to Production Supervisor or Quality for approval.
- Completes daily inspection and pack report.
- Participates in a variety of cleaning duties during production shut down.
- Operates hot press and ensure the quality of final product.
- Meets or exceeds predetermined rate of speed of hot press products.
- Gauges, calibrates and inspects finished product according to customer and internal requirements.
- Communicates quality issues to Machine Operators, Working Team Lead and Pulpers for corrective measures.
- Trains and directs new Inspector/Packers on customer specific quality and packing requirements.
- Safely and conscientiously handle weight measuring and calibration equipment in order to regularly monitor quality.
- Operates Hot Press or conduct rework as needed.
- Maintains work area in clean and safe condition.
- Cross trains as a Pulper, Presser, Material Handler.
- Adheres to our PPE policy: safety glasses, safety shoes, face coverings and other special PPE dependent on tasks.
Education / Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or equivalent experience.
- Experience in manufacturing industry preferred, but not required.
UFP Technologies, Inc. offers a full benefit package, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401K with a matching contribution, profit sharing, paid time off, paid holidays, employee discounts and much more.
Click here to apply!
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.