UFP Technologies is an innovative designer and custom manufacturer of components, subassemblies, products, and packaging primarily for the medical market. Utilizing highly specialized foams, films and plastics, UFP converts raw materials through laminating, molding, radio frequency welding, and fabricating techniques. The Company is diversified by also providing highly engineered solutions to customers in the aerospace & defense, automotive, consumer, electronics and industrial markets.
Position Location: Chicopee, MA
Summary: Responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the sites business goals and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs installation and breakdown of machine die setups.
- Adjusts and troubleshoots machinery and tooling.
- Reads and interprets manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnoses problems, replaces and repairs parts, tests and adjusts.
- Performs regular preventive maintenance on machines and equipment.
- Uses precision measuring devices.
- Uses varied computer programs to record and extract data.
- Complies with safety regulations and maintains clean and orderly workplace.
Education / Experience:
- Must have at least one year hands-on machine mechanic or similar experience.
- Working comprehension of hydraulics, basic electronics, pneumatics and blueprints.
- Able to read, write and comprehend basic English.
- Strong mechanical aptitude required.
- Good math skills required.
We are seeking skilled mechanics to join our skilled and valuable Technical Services Team on 1st shift! Position is full time, year-round and benefited!
We are willing to train someone with at least the minimum qualifications. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
The position requires a candidate to evidence their ability to live and work unsponsored in the United States as an employment contingency.
Please apply here.
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.