Dielectrics a UFP Technologies Company:
In 2018, UFP acquired Dielectrics a leader in the design, development, and manufacture of medical devices using thermoplastic material.
UFP Technologies is a producer of innovative custom-engineered components, products, and specialty packaging. Using foams, plastics, composites, and natural fiber materials, we design and manufacture a vast range of solutions primarily for the medical, automotive, aerospace & defense, electronics, consumer, and industrial markets. Our team acts as an extension of customers’ in-house research, engineering and manufacturing groups, working closely with them to solve their most complex product and packaging challenges. For our customers, innovation takes many shapes. But each solution is shaped by a level of design, materials and process expertise that is unique to UFP Technologies.
Position Location: Chicopee, MA
Summary: Responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the sites business goals and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs installation and breakdown of machine die setups.
- Reads and interprets manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnoses problems, replaces and repairs parts, tests and adjusts.
- Performs regular preventive maintenance on machines and equipment.
- Uses precision measuring devices.
- Uses varied computer programs to record and extract data.
- Complies with safety regulations and maintains clean and orderly workplace.
Education / Experience:
- Must have at least one year hands-on machine mechanic or similar experience.
- Working comprehension of hydraulics, basic electronics, pneumatics and blueprints.
- Able to read, write and comprehend basic English.
- Strong mechanical aptitude required.
- Good math skills required.
We are seeking skilled mechanics to join our crew on 1st, 2nd & 3rd shift! Positions are full time, year-round and benefited! If interested, please submit your resume and specify in a short letter what your related experience is, why this job interests you and which is your shift preference. Thanks!
We are willing to train someone with at least the minimum qualifications. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Applicants will be accepted until the position is filled. Please send your resume and other application requirements to email@example.com.
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.