About Dielectrics a UFP Technologies Company:
Dielectrics is the recognized leader in the design, development, and manufacturer of medical devices using thermoplastic materials. Our advanced suite of technologies, innovative processes and highest quality materials successfully bring our client’s products from concept to market. We share our customers’ excitement for innovation. We think there’s always a better way – whether it’s through subtle design improvements, changes in materials or the development of custom manufacturing equipment.
Position Location: Chicopee, MA
The Tool & Die Maker analyzes specifications, lays out metal stock, sets up and operates machine tools. The role also fits and assembles parts to fabricate and repair metalworking dies, cutting tools, jigs and fixtures, gauges, and machinists’ hand tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Studies specifications such as blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions, and visualizes product to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate parts.
- Computes dimensions, plans layout and determines assembly method and sequence of operations.
- Measures, marks, and scribes metal stock for machining.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes, milling machine, shaper, and grinder, to machine parts, and verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications.
- Lifts machined parts and positions and secures parts on surface plate or worktable.
- Smooths flat and contoured surfaces and power grinders, and fits and assembles parts together and into assemblies and mechanisms.
- Verifies dimensions, alignments, and clearances.
- Works with R&D and Engineering personnel to develop design dies, tooling, fixtures, etc. for new or modified products.
- Examines standard or previously used dies, tools, jigs and fixtures, and recommends design modifications regarding construction and function of parts.
- May develop specifications and prints/plans utilizing CAD system, from general descriptions or concepts for a variety of specialty tools or other similar items.
- May coordinate the fabrication of dies by outside contractors and ensure quality of work.
- Will also perform duties of Machine Maintenance Technician. Machine set up, troubleshooting, preventive maintenance and repair.
- Follow safety rules and good housekeeping.
Education / Experience:
One-year certificate from college or technical school: or three to six months related experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The position requires a candidate to evidence their ability to live and work unsponsored in the United States as an employment contingency.
We offer the right candidate compensation package that includes a full menu of benefits including health and dental coverage, life and disability insurance, paid time off and 401(k) with company match.
Submittal by January 31, 2020 is requested.
Please apply here.
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled