About UFP Technologies:
UFP Technologies is an innovative designer and custom manufacturer of components, subassemblies, products, and packaging primarily for the medical market. Utilizing highly specialized foams, films and plastics, UFP converts raw materials through laminating, molding, radio frequency welding, and fabricating techniques. The Company is diversified by also providing highly engineered solutions to customers in the aerospace & defense, automotive, consumer, electronics and industrial markets.
Position Location: Clinton, IA
Positions available on first and second shift, starting at $18.00/hour. Wage increases for developmental milestones are anywhere from 120 days to one year, however, may be sooner given experience and drive.
We do require mandatory overtime as business needs dictate.
Working individually or in teams, an Operator is responsible for accurately and efficiently operating equipment and performing duties required to produce products that meet customer quality, delivery schedules and cost standards while following all safety policies. May complete documentation in accordance with existing policies and procedures and may participate in continuous improvement activities. “Plus” indicates that the individual is required to be cross-trained as a backup Pulper, Packer, Presser and Material Handler so that he/she can easily move to those positions as business and staffing dictates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoots problems, replaces and repairs parts, tests and adjusts machine(s) as directed.
- Performs regular preventive maintenance on machines.
- Uses a variety of hand and power tools in performing duties, to include drills, air wands and high-pressure washers.
- Detects faulty operations, defective materials and reports unusual situations to appropriate supervisor.
- Monitors operations to assure quality and productivity match documented work instructions and notifies appropriate personnel when discrepancies exist.
- Performs set up and tool changes according to production schedule.
- Visually reviews and measures parts for non-conformance to customer specifications.
- Complies with safety regulations and maintains clean and orderly workplace.
- Supports employee training and development.
- Updates Supervisor on status of requested maintenance support.
- Participates in a variety of cleaning duties during production shut down.
- Cross-trains as a Packer/Presser Plus.
- Cross-trains as a Material Handler.
- Cross-trains as a Pulper Plus.
- Must be able to wear required PPE (safety shoes, safety glasses and face-covering; as well as other PPE that depends on task at hand).
Education / Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or equivalent experience.
- Ability to read measurement devices.
- One year of production manufacturing experience including basic math skills and use of standard and metric measuring equipment preferred. Training will be provided.
UFP Technologies, Inc. offers a full benefit package, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401K with a matching contribution, profit sharing, paid time off, paid holidays, employee discounts and much more.
Click here to apply!
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.