About UFP Technologies:
UFP Technologies is a producer of innovative custom-engineered components, products, and specialty packaging. Using foams, plastics, composites, and natural fiber materials, we design and manufacture a vast range of solutions primarily for the medical, automotive, aerospace & defense, electronics, consumer, and industrial markets. Our team acts as an extension of customers’ in-house research, engineering and manufacturing groups, working closely with them to solve their most complex product and packaging challenges. For our customers, innovation takes many shapes. But each solution is shaped by a level of design, materials and process expertise that is unique to UFP Technologies.
Position Location: Newburyport, Massachusetts
The Machine Technician performs a variety of duties in support of new and existing equipment development or process development. May be responsible for developing manufacturing methods for new parts, making concept samples and assisting production with process problems on jobs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with technical staff on projects related to machine development, process development or manufacturing support, depending on the work area of the job.
- Uses basic machine shop skills to fabricate, construct and assemble machine and tooling components.
- Reads and understands design drawings and translates drawings into parts, samples or tooling as required.
- Follows verbal and written instructions.
- May operate production manufacturing equipment for conducting process development trials.
- Maintain a safe and orderly work environment.
- Performs all other duties as assigned or needed
Education / Experience:
- Associates Degree in Mechanical Engineering technology or equivalent related experience
- 2-3 years basic manual machine shop experience including saws, mills, lathes etc.
- Mechanically inclined, hands on experience with hand and power tools.
- Ability to understand schematics /drawings.
- Willingness to learn through hands on experience.
- Ability to work independently and without constant support.
- Hands on experience with electronic systems and wiring a plus.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with ability to follow instructions.
- Proficient with inspection and measuring equipment.
Please apply here.
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.