About UFP Technologies:
UFP Technologies is a producer of innovative custom-engineered components, products, and specialty packaging. Using foams, plastics, composites, and natural fiber materials, we design and manufacture a vast range of solutions primarily for the medical, automotive, aerospace & defense, electronics, consumer, and industrial markets. Our team acts as an extension of customers’ in-house research, engineering and manufacturing groups, working closely with them to solve their most complex product and packaging challenges. For our customers, innovation takes many shapes. But each solution is shaped by a level of design, materials and process expertise that is unique to UFP Technologies.
Position Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Set up and operate a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts and instruments. Includes precision instrument makers who fabricate, modify, or repair mechanical instruments. May also fabricate and modify parts to make or repair machine tools or maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedure for the Thermo Forming Industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uses sketches, blueprints, specifications and models to plan operations for the fabrication of dies, tools and assemblies, ensuring safety and maximum efficiency.
- Operates CNC machine, Bridgeport, and lathe.
- Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting chucks, tools, attachments, collets, and stops.
- Turns, mills, drills, shapes, and grinds machine parts to specifications.
- Indicates vices; tramming heads or press platens.
- Reviews 3D CAD design drawings/blueprints.
- Analyzes and selects speeds and cutting tools for programs.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment/tooling by completing preventive maintenance requirements.
- Performs test runs on tools and dies to ensure that they meet specifications.
- Performs machine tool changes as needed to meet production’s needs.
- Designs templates and jigs to be used as work aids for convenient fabrication of products and parts.
- Diagnoses and troubleshoot problems and perform repairs on tools, manually operated dies and progressive dies.
- Utilizes hand and machine tools to assemble parts of tools and dies and to repair and modify gauges, jigs and dies.
Education / Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or equivalent experience.
- Mechanical aptitude required.
- Must have basic knowledge of CNC equipment maintenance.
- Experience with Master-Cam required.
- Ability to read CAD file drawings/blueprints required.
Please apply here.
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.