About UFP Technologies:
UFP Technologies is a producer of innovative custom-engineered components, products, and specialty packaging. Using foams, plastics, composites, and natural fiber materials, we design and manufacture a vast range of solutions primarily for the medical, automotive, aerospace & defense, electronics, consumer, and industrial markets. Our team acts as an extension of customers’ in-house research, engineering and manufacturing groups, working closely with them to solve their most complex product and packaging challenges. For our customers, innovation takes many shapes. But each solution is shaped by a level of design, materials and process expertise that is unique to UFP Technologies.
Position Location: Clinton, IA
Summary: Supervises and coordinates the activities of the Maintenance team responsible for performing routine and highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment. Ensures equipment is maintained in accordance with safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the sites business goals and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains preventive maintenance software making sure that maintenance is performed in a timely manner and that maintenance records are accurate.
- Manages the issuance and completion of maintenance work orders, supporting departmental personnel as required.
- Directs and coordinates the activities of Maintenance staff in the provision of comprehensive equipment and facility maintenance and repair services.
- Provides technical and project direction to Maintenance staff.
- Maintains preventive maintenance programs in compliance with existing policies and procedures.
- Manages outside contractors in support of facilities and production equipment needs.
- Performs highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and facilities equipment.
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Completes maintenance work orders, submitting to manager and/or enters into maintenance software, as required.
- Performs mechanical skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production equipment.
- Reads and interprets manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnoses problems, replaces and repairs parts, tests and makes adjustments.
- Performs regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Performs a variety of plumbing, maintenance, and carpentry functions.
- Uses a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detects faulty operations, defective materials and reports those and any unusual situations to management.
- Ensures compliance with safety policies and regulations, making sure maintenance personnel maintain a clean and orderly workplace.
- Participates in safety team activities to promote compliance to existing policies.
- Supports employee training and development in total productive maintenance.
- Updates employees and team on the status of requested maintenance support.
- Responsible for the completion of corrective action reports as required.
Education / Experience:
- High school or vocational school, along with related on-the-job experience in production maintenance and manufacturing environments.
- 7 plus years’ experience leading maintenance personnel and projects in a manufacturing environment.
- Certificates and Licenses: Trade or Vocational certifications preferred. Other particular trade certifications or in-depth experience may be required, (i.e., HVAC/EPA certifications, weights & measures technology). Fork truck license required.
Please apply here
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled