About UFP Technologies:
UFP Technologies is a producer of innovative custom-engineered components, products, and specialty packaging. Using foams, plastics, composites, and natural fiber materials, we design and manufacture a vast range of solutions primarily for the medical, automotive, aerospace & defense, electronics, consumer, and industrial markets. Our team acts as an extension of customers’ in-house research, engineering and manufacturing groups, working closely with them to solve their most complex product and packaging challenges. For our customers, innovation takes many shapes. But each solution is shaped by a level of design, materials and process expertise that is unique to UFP Technologies.
Position Location: Clinton, IA
Pay Range: $22.00 - $28.00 per hour, depending on experience
Summary: Working individually or in teams, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment. The person in that role adheres to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the sites business goals and objectives. The ability to read and understand Ladder Logic along with making changes to a live system is also a requirement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and facilities equipment.
- Provides emergency and unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production.
- Performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Completes maintenance work orders, submitting to manager and/or entering into maintenance software, as required.
- Performs mechanical skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, HVAC, troubleshooting and repair of production equipment.
- Understands and troubleshoots and/or replaces or repairs PLC controllers.
- Ability to read and understand Ladder Logic along with making changes to a live system.
- Reads and interprets manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnoses problems, replaces and repairs parts, tests and makes adjustments.
- Performs regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Performs a variety of plumbing and maintenance, as well as carpentry functions.
- Uses a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detects faulty operations, defective materials and reports unusual situations to appropriate supervisor.
- Complies with safety regulations and maintains clean and orderly workplace.
- Supports employee training and development in total productive/predictive maintenance.
- Updates employees and team on the status of requested maintenance support.
Education / Experience:
- Degree in Electronics Engineering Technology or equivalent work experience required.
- 1-3 years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment or equivalent technical experience.
- LOTO procedures preferred.
- Fork truck certification or experience preferred.
UFP Technologies, Inc. offers a full benefit package, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401K with a matching contribution, profit sharing, paid time off, paid holidays, employee discounts and much more.
Please apply here.
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.