About UFP Technologies:
UFP Technologies is a producer of innovative custom-engineered components, products, and specialty packaging. Using foams, plastics, composites, and natural fiber materials, we design and manufacture a vast range of solutions primarily for the medical, automotive, aerospace & defense, electronics, consumer, and industrial markets. Our team acts as an extension of customers’ in-house research, engineering and manufacturing groups, working closely with them to solve their most complex product and packaging challenges. For our customers, innovation takes many shapes. But each solution is shaped by a level of design, materials and process expertise that is unique to UFP Technologies.
Position Location: Rancho Dominguez, CA
Summary:Responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the sites business goals and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installs and maintains production machines and facilities equipment.
- Provides emergency and unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production.
- Schedules and Performs regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Completes maintenance work orders, entering maintenance software, as required.
- Performs mechanical skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, hydraulic, HVAC, troubleshooting and repair of production equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical manufacturing equipment that includes industrial controls, electrical panels, VFD's, relays, temperature controls, photo eyes, etc.
- Understands and troubleshoots and/or replaces or repairs PLC controllers.
- Reads and interprets manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnoses problems, replaces, repairs or procures parts and/or services.
- Uses a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detects faulty operations, defective materials and reports unusual situations to appropriate supervisor.
- Complies with safety regulations and maintains clean and orderly work place.
- Supports employee safety training including LOTO and managing MSDS Online system.
- Updates supervisors on the status of requested maintenance support.
- Manages service contracts for HVAC, compressors, outside contractors, company vehicles and other as necessary.
- Performs all other duties as assigned or needed.
Education / Experience:
- High school or vocational school and completion of craft apprenticeship along with related on-the-job experience in production maintenance and manufacturing environments.
- 5 plus years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Certificates and Licenses: Certified Electrician, Trade or vocational certifications preferred. Other trade certifications or in-depth experience may be required, (i.e., HVAC/EPA certifications, weights & measures technology and LOTO procedures preferred). Fork truck certification or experience preferred.
Please apply here.
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.