About UFP Technologies:
UFP Technologies is an innovative designer and custom manufacturer of components, subassemblies, products, and packaging primarily for the medical market. Utilizing highly specialized foams, films and plastics, UFP converts raw materials through laminating, molding, radio frequency welding, and fabricating techniques. The Company is diversified by also providing highly engineered solutions to customers in the aerospace & defense, automotive, consumer, electronics and industrial markets.
For over 30 years, UFP Technologies’ molded fiber group has been delivering innovative, environmentally-friendly, sustainable, protective packaging solutions for consumer goods, electronics, and industrial products to customers across North America.
Position Location: Clinton, Iowa
Summary: In conjunction with the Plant Manager, this role is a key leader to the production team and is strategically aligned towards identifying, improving, and driving operational excellence at all levels within the manufacturing environment. The Manufacturing Manager leads with creativity, integrity, and grit; always looking for opportunities to develop team members to their highest potential. This role is responsible for ensuring a safe workplace and works closely to identify safety improvements and confirms plant objectives are met in compliance with corporate support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively lead, mentor and empower team members to drive manufacturing efficiency and excellence.
- Provide leadership to all aspects of the production floor operations; facilitate coach, counsel and guide the production group to ensure that they can deliver desired results.
- Provide mentoring and hold team accountable for high-impact business results.
- Conduct performance reviews and provide timely feedback to develop team.
- Provide clear and consistent communication across all shifts, establishing and supporting a highly engaged workforce.
- Organize and execute work assignments based on company needs.
- Develop, implement, track and report department KPIs including safety, quality, cost and on-time delivery.
- Optimize production processes to maximize throughput; proactively identify areas for improvement and weaknesses and execute strategies to address.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing Engineering to identify opportunities for cost reductions and proactively drive solutions with and without capital investment.
- Troubleshoot, address, and escalate downtime issues.
- Lead daily production meetings to review status to goals and address daily operational issues.
- Coordinate with other departments such as Human Resources, Warehouse, Shipping/Receiving, Purchasing and Maintenance to ensure successful production operations.
- Anticipate staffing needs and work with Human Resources to attract and retain the right talent.
- Identify training gaps within production team; develop and conduct training for newly implemented and/or updated processes.
- Provide an atmosphere conducive to safe operations and continuous improvement in safety.
- Ensure compliance with applicable quality systems (ISO 9001 and ISO 14001).
- Actively participate on the plant’s safety steering team.
- Ensure injuries and accidents are investigated and remedied promptly and effectively.
Education / Experience:
- BS degree in business or engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years manufacturing related management experience.
- Strong understanding of, and experience in using company level data.
- Proven use of statistical process control techniques.
- Excellent communication skills.
Please apply here.
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled