UFP Technologies has a great opportunity for a full-time Summer 2021 Mechanical Engineer Intern in our Grand Rapids, MI location. UFP Technologies is an innovative designer and custom manufacturer of components, subassemblies, products, and packaging primarily for the medical market. Utilizing highly specialized foams, films and plastics, UFP converts raw materials through laminating, molding, radio frequency welding, and fabricating techniques. The Company is diversified by also providing highly engineered solutions to customers in the aerospace & defense, automotive, consumer, electronics and industrial markets.
Summary: Responsible for assisting the engineering department with design, test and transition activities necessary to bring products from concept through transfer to manufacturing, while ensuring that products meet customer requirements and are manufactured profitably. May assist the engineering and manufacturing groups with resolving process problems and improving safety, quality, and productivity on assigned programs/processes.
Under the supervision of an engineer or engineering manager you will get to:
- Develop layouts, solid models, assembly drawings and detail drawings for new and redesigned products, using ACAD or SolidWorks.
- Interact with internal personnel including engineering, sales, customer service, as well as vendors to successfully complete assigned programs and projects.
- Test materials and designs through screening testing or to demonstrate basic functionality.
- Work with quality to measure and inspect parts to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Participate on continuous improvement teams to improve efficiencies and profit margins.
- Work with the production teams; operating heavy machinery and/or tools to adjust or repair.
To be eligible for this opportunity you will need to have:
- Knowledge of ANSI Y14.5 drawing standard for dimensioning and tolerances.
- Knowledge of CAD software including SolidWorks, AutoCad and/or Master Cam.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office software.
- Strong verbal, written communication and mathematic skills.
- Willingness to collaborate in a team environment and looking for opportunities to assist the engineering team.
- Knowledge of mechanical design and/or machine shop are a plus.
Education and/or Training needed:
- High School / College Courses and/or direct manufacturing experience.
This position will be a full-time position at $18 / hour over the 2021 Summer. We offer a full benefit package, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401K with a matching contribution, paid time off, paid holidays, employee discounts and much more.
Click here to apply!
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.