About UFP MedTech:
UFP MedTech, a UFP Technologies, Inc (Nasdaq:UFPT) business, offers a full suite of design, development, process, and manufacturing services for single-use and single patient medical devices. We create OEM devices, subassemblies, components and packaging, from Innovation to Manufacturing, using a differentiated flexible materials portfolio with best-in-class operational excellence systems to improve patient outcomes for our clients.
Our culture is centered around innovation, collaboration, creativity, and service. This is the connective tissue that drives our pursuit of industry leadership and customer partnerships throughout our organization.
UFP Technologies, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401K with a matching contribution, paid time off, paid holidays, employee discounts and much more!
Position Location: Chicopee, MA
This position is based on-site in Chicopee, MA. The position holder will need to be within commuting distance. We are not offering relocation assistance at this time.
Reporting to the Division Plant Manager, the Operations Manager will lead the manufacturing staff in our Chicopee, Massachusetts site to focus on driving improvements designed to increase service levels to our medical customers while driving cost reduction. Disciplines under the Operations Manager’s direction include Maintenance, Production Control, Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering, Shipping/Receiving, Warehousing and Distribution. She/he will be responsible for promoting the application of “lean tools” to eliminate waste and improve workflow in support of quality improvement and cost reduction initiatives in all aspects of the medical business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains a philosophy of continuous manufacturing improvement, utilizing key performance indicators and an ongoing system of prioritization and communication with all manufacturing employees.
- Drives the development of production teams (cells) by aligning roles and responsibilities in support of:
- Achieving service levels targets for on-time delivery.
- Meeting existing product quality requirements.
- Producing product at existing material and labor standards.
- Drives “team based” continuous improvement on the production floor.
- Recognizes and rewards individual and team improvements.
- Implements “visual controls” on the production floor which communicate objectives and monitor production team performance against those objectives.
- Drives team development and employee engagement in continuous improvement throughout the organization, designed to improve service levels and reduce costs.
- Manages the development and training of a flexible workforce. Will insure the creation, documentation and compliance to quality management system procedures.
- Responsible for the management of inventory levels through the measurement of total inventory value, warehousing space cost, inventory obsolescence, and inventory turns.
- Supports and participates in corporate initiatives to reduce product cost through purchasing contracts and price negotiations.
- Works with engineering to prioritize and manage productivity improvement programs designed to address quality issues, reduce labor cost, or increase material utilization.
- Manages business activities to insure compliance with existing quality systems.
- Develops effective employee communications mechanisms designed to insure that employees understand and participate in supporting the goals of the manufacturing site, as well as MedTech's vision.
- Actively supports sales activities and will assume active involvement with customers and customer issues.
- Manages engineering efforts to prioritize and support new sales opportunities.
- Monitors and controls spending to within budget targets. Promotes improvement activities designed to reduce spending.
- Manages individual performance providing coaching, mentoring and performance feedback to insure that plant objectives are achieved.
- Defines employee/team development requirements. Implements training and development activities in support of individual and team growth.
- Develops and administers employee training to properly instruct both new and existing employees of their quality, productivity and safety responsibilities. Establishes monitors to make sure that employee performance meets expectations in all three areas.
- Drives efforts to develop progressive safety programs designed to eliminate lost time accidents and meet all state and federal regulations.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- 7 to 10 year’s progressive experience in manufacturing.
- Experience in Medical Device manufacturing is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability implementing “world-class” business management practices to drive continuous improvement throughout the organization.
- A proven track record implementing teams (work cells) on the production floor.
- Hands-on experience implementing “visual controls” in a manufacturing environment desired.
- Thorough understanding of “lean improvement” tools preferred.
Other Job-Specific Requirements:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Strong people management and development skills.
- Team facilitation, team oriented, and ability to deal with change.
- Strong listening skills.
For more information on UFP MedTech, visit www.ufpmedtech.com.
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Click here to apply for this job.