Are you looking to be home before dinner or make the most of your overnights in a company committed to employee growth? If you have general manufacturing skills and demonstrated the ability to set-up and run complex machinery this could be the position for you!
Working independently within teams and/or cells, an Operator III is responsible for accurately and efficiently operating equipment and performing duties required to produce products that meet customer quality, delivery schedules and cost standards while following all safety policies. The position holder will be required to operate complex machinery with minimal supervision and is trained and qualified to perform multiple operations (over 90%) both within and outside of assigned production area or cell. Supports set-up of complex equipment as required including but not limited to verification of capability to meet customer requirements on completion of set-up.
Position Location: Grand Rapids, MI
- 3rd Shift: Sun – Wed: 6:30pm – 5:00am
Pay: $15.00+ per hour (depending on skills, qualifications, and experience)
UFP Technologies offers a full benefits package, including but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance
- 401K with a matching contribution
- Paid time off, paid holidays, employee discounts and much more!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs production operations including but not limited to assembly using heat guns, machining operations using heat guns, presses, saws, hot wire equipment, ovens, water jets, laminating and routing equipment, as well as complex machinery, as required.
- Understands and completes process documentation including but not limited to production orders and travelers, to ensure compliance to customer requirements.
- Certified to provide machine and process training support as requested by team leader or supervisor.
- Monitors operations to ensure quality and productivity match documented work instructions and may make corrective decisions regarding a process or machines capability to meet requirements, as requested.
- Participates in the identification and implementation of corrective actions.
- Completes die changes and tooling changes, as needed.
- Performs and supports set-up of complex machinery and is able to determine capability to meet customer requirements.
- Demonstrates leadership skills and may serve as back-up to Team Leader as needed.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated ability and/or certified to set-up and run complex machinery. Operator II work experience required.
- General manufacturing skills, advanced math skills and use of standard and metric measuring equipment and basic computer skills.
About UFP Technologies:
UFP Technologies is an innovative designer and custom manufacturer of components, subassemblies, products, and packaging primarily for the medical market. Utilizing highly specialized foams, films and plastics, UFP converts raw materials through laminating, molding, radio frequency welding, and fabricating techniques. The Company is diversified by also providing highly engineered solutions to customers in the aerospace & defense, automotive, consumer, electronics and industrial markets.
Please click here to apply.
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled