About UFP Technologies:
UFP Technologies is a producer of innovative custom-engineered components, products, and specialty packaging. Using foams, plastics, composites, and natural fiber materials, we design and manufacture a vast range of solutions primarily for the medical, automotive, aerospace & defense, electronics, consumer, and industrial markets. Our team acts as an extension of customers’ in-house research, engineering and manufacturing groups, working closely with them to solve their most complex product and packaging challenges. For our customers, innovation takes many shapes. But each solution is shaped by a level of design, materials and process expertise that is unique to UFP Technologies.
Position Location: Clinton, IA
Shift: 3rd Shift
Position Summary: The Production Manager is responsible for coordinating the activities of production personnel/teams in order to meet production schedule and product quality requirements within established cost parameters. Manages departmental spending to within budgetary limits. Oversees performance of departmental personnel, conducts performance reviews, makes recommendations on the hiring/firing of personnel, and initiates corrective action measures to address performance problems, as needed. Ensures compliance to existing policies and procedures and initiates and manages improvement activities. Supports engineering with process development and transfer of new products into production. Initiates and manages quality and cost improvement activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements production schedule, proactively communicating issues and potential solutions
- Monitors raw material and sub assembly availability
- Identifies production shortfalls as early as possible.
- Develops recovery schedules as needed, working with customer service to apprise customers of delivery issues.
- Monitors production efficiency, implementing corrective action when performance fall below targets.
- Reviews quality problems (both customer complaints and internal CARs) with employees, participates in root cause identification, supports implementation of corrective actions to identify root cause.
- Conducts employee training in support of corrective actions to prevent re-occurrence of quality issues.
- Administers formal employee performance corrective action measure when needed.
- Responsible for providing CAR support and resolution.
- Maintains initiatives designed to increase safety awareness within the production department.
- Ensures safety audits are routinely performed.
- Monitors the implementation of safety improvements.
- Provides training as needed to communicate safety practices and policies. Takes the necessary action to ensure compliance.
Cost control / cost reduction:
- Monitors labor efficiency and implement corrective actions to improve production performance.
- Balances staffing levels to reduce overtime spending while maintaining service levels.
- Tracks departmental spending against budget, implementing corrective action measures as needed.
- Promotes training/cross-training to increase operational flexibility.
- Identifies employees with the desire and ability to grow and works with managers to create individual employee development plans.
- Identifies employee training and development needs to drive the use of lean improvement tools amongst departmental personnel.
- Works with maintenance department, automation team, and tool design as required to develop appropriate documentation and employee training to insure the proper operation and maintenance of equipment and tools.
New product development/transfer support:
- Works with design, automation, tool design engineering and quality to develop the appropriate process documentation and process control data to ensure that we are able to meet customer requirements when the process is transferred into production.
- Performs all other duties as assigned or needed.
- Bachelor in Manufacturing related field of equivalent experience preferred.
- 3 to 5 years manufacturing experience in a supervisory /leadership role.
- May be required to work a flexible schedule.
- Experience in continuous manufacturing processes, including regulated quality systems such as ISO-9001 and ISO-14001
Please click here to apply.
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.