About UFP Technologies:
UFP MedTech, a division of UFP Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq:UFPT), offers a full suite of design, development, process, and manufacturing services for single-use and single patient medical devices. We create OEM devices, subassemblies, components and packaging, from Innovation to Manufacturing, using a differentiated flexible materials portfolio with best-in-class operational excellence systems to improve patient outcomes for our clients.
Our culture is centered around innovation, collaboration, creativity, and service. This is the connective tissue that drives our pursuit of industry leadership and customer partnerships throughout our organization.
Position Location: Newburyport, MA
Position Summary: The Production Manager is responsible for coordinating the activities of production personnel/teams in order to meet customer delivery and product quality requirements, while meeting operational efficiency goals. Identifies opportunities and is responsible for cost reductions and process improvements. Manages departmental spending to within budgetary limits. Oversees performance of departmental personnel, conducts performance reviews, makes recommendations on the hiring/firing of personnel, and initiates corrective action measures to address performance problems, as needed. Ensures compliance to existing policies and procedures and initiates and manages improvement activities. Supports engineering with process development and transfer of new products into production. Initiates and manages quality and cost improvement activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and supports production schedules.
- Monitors raw material and subassembly deliveries, assures correct reporting of raw material consumption.
- Identifies production shortfalls as early as possible.
- Develops recovery schedules as needed, working with customer service to apprise customers of delivery issues.
- Communicates directly with customers and sales support as needed.
- Monitors on-time delivery performance, implementing corrective action when service levels fall below targets.
- Reviews quality problems (both customer complaints and internal CARs) with employees to identify root cause, participates in root cause and corrective action identification and implementation.
- Develops and implements employee training and other corrective action measures design to prevent re-occurrence of quality issues.
- Administers formal employee performance corrective action measure when needed.
- Maintains initiatives designed to increase safety awareness within the production department.
- Ensures safety audits are routinely performed.
- Monitors the implementation of safety improvements.
- Provides training as needed to communicate safety practices and policies. Takes the necessary action to ensure compliance.
Cost control / cost reduction:
- Monitor labor and equipment performance against established standards. Reviews shortfalls with employees, implementing corrective action measures including employee training, documenting SOPs, initiating process improvements and other corrective action measures as needed.
- Balances staffing levels to reduce overtime spending while maintaining service levels.
- Tracks departmental spending against budget, implementing corrective action measures as needed.
- Identifies employees with the desire and ability to grow and works with supervisor to create individual employee development plans.
- Initiates employee training and development designed to drive the use of lean improvement tools amongst departmental personnel.
- Creates an engaged workforce, and supports success of self-directed work teams.
New product development/transfer support:
- Works with design, automation, tool design engineering and quality to develop the appropriate process documentation and process control data to ensure that we are able to meet customer requirements when the process is transferred into production.
- Promotes training/cross-training to increase operational flexibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management, business management, or engineering related fields preferred.
- 5 to 8 years manufacturing experience with 3 plus years in a supervisory role.
- Training time may be 3-6 months to learn systems and products.
- May be required to work a flexible schedule.
- Experience in an automotive, medical device manufacturing, or medical device component manufacturing environment, including regulated quality systems such as ISO-9001, ISO-13485, and/or TS-16949 strongly preferred.
- Background in lean manufacturing, with fluency and proven success driving process improvements utilizing lean tools.
UFP Technologies, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401K with a matching contribution, paid time off, paid holidays, employee discounts and much more!
Click here to apply for this job.
For more information on UFP MedTech, visit www.ufpmedtech.com.
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.