About UFP Technologies:
UFP Technologies is an innovative designer and custom manufacturer of components, subassemblies, products, and packaging primarily for the medical market. Utilizing highly specialized foams, films and plastics, UFP converts raw materials through laminating, molding, radio frequency welding, and fabricating techniques. The Company is diversified by also providing highly engineered solutions to customers in the aerospace & defense, automotive, consumer, electronics and industrial markets.
Position Location: Huntsville, AL
Position Summary: The Production Supervisor is responsible for managing and prioritizing the activities of the Huntsville Technical Center. As well as, coordinating operations with the Kissimmee – FL manufacturing site in order to meet customer delivery and product quality requirements at within established cost parameters. The Production Supervisor will oversee a small group of technical staff on-site and ensure compliance to existing policies and procedures. The Production Supervisor will initiate and manage quality, process and cost improvement activities and support engineering with process development and transfer of new products into production. This position is a working supervisory role and will be working with staff to make parts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops delivery schedules.
- Monitors raw material and subassembly deliveries.
- Identifies production shortfalls as early as possible.
- Develops recovery schedules as needed, working with customer service to apprise customers of delivery problems.
- Communicates with customer service and sales team as required.
- Monitors on-time delivery performance, implementing corrective action when service levels fall below targets.
- Supports review of quality problems (both customer complaints and internal CARs) with employees to identify root cause.
- Assists in the development and implementation of employee training and other corrective action measures to prevent re-occurrence of the quality issue.
- Maintains initiative designed to increase safety awareness within the Huntsville Tech Center.
- Ensures safety audits are routinely performed.
- Monitors the implementation of safety improvements.
- Provides training as needed to communicate safety practices and policies to team. Takes the necessary action to ensure compliance.
New product development/transfer support
- Works with design, automation, tool design engineering and quality to develop the appropriate process documentation and process control data to ensure customer requirements are met when the process is transferred into production.
In addition, this role is an active cell production member and must understand all machine functions in assigned area to ensure productivity and quality.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 3 years of experience in manufacturing environment).
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in a team lead or supervisory position.
- Prior experience in manufacturing operations or production
- Knowledge and experience working in a machine shop environment
- Understanding of LEAN principals
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to influence others
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Proven analytical and organizational ability
Please click here to apply.
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled