About UFP Technologies:
UFP MedTech, a division of UFP Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq:UFPT), offers a full suite of design, development, process, and manufacturing services for single-use and single patient medical devices. We create OEM devices, subassemblies, components and packaging, from Innovation to Manufacturing, using a differentiated flexible materials portfolio with best-in-class operational excellence systems to improve patient outcomes for our clients.
Our culture is centered around innovation, collaboration, creativity, and service. This is the connective tissue that drives our pursuit of industry leadership and customer partnerships throughout our organization.
Position Location: Newburyport, MA
The Production Supervisor is responsible for coordinating the activities of production personnel/teams in order to meet customer delivery and product quality requirements within established cost parameters. The Production Supervisor will oversee departmental personnel, conduct performance reviews, make recommendations on the hiring/firing of personnel, and initiate corrective action measures to address performance problems as needed. Ensures compliance to existing policies and procedures. Initiates and manages quality, process and cost improvement activities. Supports engineering with process development and transfer of new products into production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops delivery schedules.
- Monitors raw material and subassembly deliveries.
- Identifies production shortfalls as early as possible.
- Develops recovery schedules as needed, working with customer service to apprise customers of delivery problems.
- Communicates with customer service and sales team as required.
- Monitors on-time delivery performance, implementing corrective action when service levels fall below targets.
- Supports review of quality problems (both customer complaints and internal CARs) with employees to identify root cause.
- Assists in the development and implementation of employee training and other corrective action measures to prevent re-occurrence of the quality issue.
- Maintains initiative designed to increase safety awareness within the production department.
- Ensures safety audits are routinely performed.
- Monitors the implementation of safety improvements.
- Provides training as needed to communicate safety practices and policies.
- Works with the maintenance department, automation team, and tool design to develop appropriate documentation and employee training to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment and tools.
New product development/transfer support
- Works with design, automation, tool design engineering and quality to develop the appropriate process documentation and process control data to ensure customer requirements are met when the process is transferred into production.
- High School or GED, plus 3 to 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 1 to 3 years experience in a team leader or supervisory position.
- Familiarity with quality system concepts and principles such as TS16949, ISO9001.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
UFP Technologies, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401K with a matching contribution, paid time off, paid holidays, employee discounts and much more!
Please apply here.
For more information on UFP MedTech, visit www.ufpmedtech.com.
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled