About UFP Technologies:
UFP Technologies is an innovative designer and custom manufacturer of components, subassemblies, products, and packaging primarily for the medical market. Utilizing highly specialized foams, films and plastics, UFP converts raw materials through laminating, molding, radio frequency welding, and fabricating techniques. The Company is diversified by also providing highly engineered solutions to customers in the aerospace & defense, automotive, consumer, electronics and industrial markets.
UFP Technologies offers a competitive benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401K with a matching contribution, paid time off, paid holidays, employee discounts and much more!
Position Location: Clinton, IA
- 2nd Shift: 2:30PM - 11:00PM
- 3rd Shift: 10:30PM - 7:00AM
As a Production Supervisor, you will lead and direct all aspects of production on the assigned shift. Directly, and through subordinate staff, you will be responsible for the safety, training, and development of our production teams. You will serve as a leadership resource to your Working Team Leads (WTLs) by providing knowledge, experience, motivation, support and advice. The Production Supervisor is responsible for coordinating and assisting the activities of production personnel/teams as well as being an independent problem solver in order to meet customer delivery, quality and cost requirements, as well as the overall goals and objectives of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees departmental personnel by making daily decisions regarding the scheduling of people, equipment and materials to achieve delivery, quality and cost objectives.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities for production and/or manufacturing in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Plays an active role in hiring, training employees, planning, assigning and directing work. May be involved in appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, and addressing and/or initiating corrective action measures to address complaints and resolve problems.
- Leads weekly department shift meetings with all personnel and daily meetings with WTLs to stay ahead of ongoing issues and audit their responsibilities.
- Develops and maintain training standards with Leads, Operators, Pulpers and Packers in the areas of safety, quality and productivity.
- Tracks performance expectations, making sure that daily shift responsibilities are being met and monitored.
- Identifies production shortfalls early and works with Plant Manager to course correct.
- Monitors on-time delivery performance and supports review of quality problems (both customer complaints and internal CARs) with production employees to identify root cause, and implements training directives to prevent re-occurrence of the issue.
- Maintains initiatives designed to increase safety awareness with the production department by ensuring safety audits are routinely performed, identifies safety improvements, actively participates in the safety team and is an active resource to the safety program.
- Monitors key performance metrics such as scrap, downtime and throughput, and identifies and implements improvements to drive results.
- Implements and monitors workplace organization by continuously seeking out cost reductions and recommending improvements to procedures, processes, equipment, and layout.
- High School or GED plus 3 to 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment or Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a team leader or supervisory positions.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills to relate with all members of the team.
- Ability to write routine reports and complete necessary production forms, proficient in MS office applications.
- Excellent supervisory and time management skills required.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills required.
Please click here to apply.
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled