About UFP MedTech:
UFP MedTech, a UFP Technologies, Inc (Nasdaq:UFPT) business, offers a full suite of design, development, process, and manufacturing services for single-use and single patient medical devices. We create OEM devices, subassemblies, components and packaging, from Innovation to Manufacturing, using a differentiated flexible materials portfolio with best-in-class operational excellence systems to improve patient outcomes for our clients.
Our culture is centered around innovation, collaboration, creativity, and service. This is the connective tissue that drives our pursuit of industry leadership and customer partnerships throughout our organization.
UFP Technologies, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package, including but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance
- 401K with a matching contribution
- Paid time off, Paid holidays, Employee discounts and much more!
Position Location: Chicopee, MA
The Project Engineer performs activities associated with the development and integration of medical products. Leads the design and development of product solutions to fulfill market and customer needs. Manages resources to reducing time-to-market, developing design and design support resources to support future growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as a technical point-of-contact, works directly with the customer to define the problem they are trying to solve, develops product specifications and manages development through the rapid prototype, design approval and transfer of products into production.
- Conducts face-to-face meetings with customers defining product specification and providing updates on new product development projects.
- Provides hands-on design support utilizing design tools like, SolidWorks, CAD, and statistical tools to develop new products to meet customer requirements.
- Collaborates with account and sales management to secure new product and product innovation revenue in support of our business objectives.
- Manages cross-functional teams, as required. Conducts design review meetings with customers.
- Works closely with manufacturing & automation engineering, quality, production, and other internal resources to ensure that customer and business objectives are achieved.
- Develops and monitors project budgets and schedules, forecast completion, and identifies and resolves threats to on-time project completion.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- One to three years of experience in design or applications engineering, or equivalent combination of experience and education. Minimum of 1 year interfacing directly with customers.
- Medical device environment experience desired.
- Hands-on experience in the use of CAD tools required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
Click to apply here!
For more information on UFP MedTech, visit www.ufpmedtech.com.
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.