About UFP MedTech:
UFP MedTech, a division of UFP Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq:UFPT), offers a full suite of design, development, process, and manufacturing services for single-use and single patient medical devices. We create OEM devices, subassemblies, components and packaging, from Innovation to Manufacturing, using a differentiated flexible materials portfolio with best-in-class operational excellence systems to improve patient outcomes for our clients.
Our culture is centered around innovation, collaboration, creativity, and service. This is the connective tissue that drives our pursuit of industry leadership and customer partnerships throughout our organization.
Position Location: Newburyport, MA
Summary: Reporting to the Director of Advanced Engineering for MedTech, the Project Engineer performs the activities associated with the development of medical products. Leads the development of product and process solutions to fulfill market and customer needs. Manages resources to reducing time-to-market, to support customer product launch schedules.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as a technical point-of-contact, partnering directly with the customer to define the problem they are trying to solve, developing product specifications and managing development through the rapid prototype, design approval and transfer of products into production.
- Conducts face-to-face meetings with customers defining product specification and providing updates on new product development projects.
- Provides hands-on design support utilizing design tools like, Solid Works, CAD, and statistical tools to develop new products to meet customer requirements.
- Collaborates with account and sales management to secure new product and product innovation revenue in support of our business objectives.
- Manages cross-functional teams, as required. Conducts design review meetings with customers.
- Works closely with program management, manufacturing engineering, quality, production and other internal resources to ensure that customer and business objectives are achieved.
- Develops and monitors project budgets and schedules, forecast completion, and identifies and resolves threats to on-time project completion.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Physics.
- One to three years of experience in design or applications engineering, or equivalent combination of experience and education. Minimum of 1 year interfacing directly with customers.
- Medical device environment experience highly preferred.
- Hands-on experience in the use of CAD tools required.
Other Job-Specific Requirements:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Strong listening skills.
- Requires strong analytical skills to identify customer requirements, develop designs and transfer product to manufacturing.
- 15-20% travel, visiting customers as support of the new product design process.
- Ability to work with a cross-functional team to deliver and complete the project.
- Works with internal and external customers to deliver and complete projects.
- Ability to resolve problems and conflicts both internal and external to the organization.
- 50% of time spent on the lab and/or production floor working directly with heavy machinery.
UFP Technologies, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401K with a matching contribution, paid time off, paid holidays, employee discounts and much more!
Click here to apply for this job.
For more information on UFP MedTech, visit www.ufpmedtech.com.
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.