About UFP Technologies
UFP Technologies is a producer of innovative custom-engineered components, products, and specialty packaging. Using foams, plastics, composites, and natural fiber materials, we design and manufacture a vast range of solutions primarily for the medical, automotive, aerospace & defense, electronics, consumer, and industrial markets. Our team acts as an extension of customers’ in-house research, engineering and manufacturing groups, working closely with them to solve their most complex product and packaging challenges. For our customers, innovation takes many shapes. But each solution is shaped by a level of design, materials and process expertise that is unique to UFP Technologies.
Position Location: Clinton, IA
Our work schedule is a rotating 48/36 work week:
Wknd Day Shift: Week 1: Thursday through Sunday 5AM – 5PM = 48 hours
Week 2: Friday through Sunday 5AM – 5PM = 36 hours
- OR -
Wknd Night Shift: Week 1: Thursday through Sunday 5PM – 5AM = 48 hours
Week 2: Friday through Sunday 5PM – 5AM = 36 hours
We do require mandatory overtime as business needs dictate.
Working individually or in teams, a Pulper Plus is responsible for accurately and efficiently loading the conveyor according to stock recipes to ensure proper pulp consistency, while following all safety policies. “Plus” means that the individual is responsible and cross-trained to fill in the following positions as needed: Presser, Packer, and Material Handler.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Ensures that the conveyor is filled with the proper assortment and weight of paper according to stock recipes.
- Ensures proper pulp consistency in order to produce quality parts according to customer specifications.
- Operates wire chopper to eliminate wire banding that is present on bales of paper. Training will be provided.
- Learns consistency system to aid in clean-up of system.
- Completes pulp washes once per shift to eliminate debris from the pulp tank.
- Participates in a variety of cleaning duties during production shut down.
- Supports employee training and development.
- Updates Supervisor on status of requested maintenance support.
- Meets or exceeds predetermined rate of speed of hot press products.
- Gauges, calibrates and inspects finished product according to customer and internal requirements.
- Communicates quality issues to Machine Operators, Working Team Lead and Packers
- Operates Hot Press or conduct rework as needed.
- Maintains work area in clean and safe condition.
- Cross-trains as a Presser, Packer, and Material Handler
- Works well in team environment
- Adheres to our PPE policy: safety glasses, safety shoes, face coverings and other special PPE dependent on tasks.
Education / Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or equivalent experience.
- Ability to read measurement devices.
- One year of production manufacturing experience preferred, but not required. Training will be provided.
- Must be Forklift certified (will train)
UFP Technologies, Inc. offers a full benefit package, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401k with a matching contribution, profit sharing, paid time off, paid holidays, employee discounts and much more.
Click here to apply!
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.