About UFP Technologies:
UFP Technologies is a producer of innovative custom-engineered components, products, and specialty packaging. Using foams, plastics, composites, and natural fiber materials, we design and manufacture a vast range of solutions primarily for the medical, automotive, aerospace & defense, electronics, consumer, and industrial markets. Our team acts as an extension of customers’ in-house research, engineering and manufacturing groups, working closely with them to solve their most complex product and packaging challenges. For our customers, innovation takes many shapes. But each solution is shaped by a level of design, materials and process expertise that is unique to UFP Technologies.
Location: Clinton, IA
Provides quality engineering technical support to the business related to customer complaints and corrective actions, process capability and control, statistical analysis, component validation, product measurement and testing, product launch, and product certification. Acts as the lead for internal and external audits and ensures the integrity of the quality management system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Investigates customer returns and complaints, provides root cause investigation, executes and monitors corrective actions.
- Performs product validation preparation and presentation (PPAP) for new, modified and existing products.
- Provides product metrology and measurement.
- Provides frequent training, guidance and direction for manufacturing, engineering, materials, customers and suppliers in performance measurement.
- Provides program launch support at UFPT and customer facilities.
- Ensure that the quality management system conforms to the ISO standard; ensure the integrity of the quality management system is maintained.
- Owns document management process and maintains controlled document system.
- Writes work instructions and standard operating procedures.
- Schedules, Calibrates, validates and maintains gauge and equipment calibration.
- Performs preventive action and continuous improvement.
- Manages raw material and product containment at UFPT and customer facilities.
- Identifies and performs internal system and process audits.
- Performs SPC and capability analysis, install statistical sampling process as needed
- Creates C of C / C of A documents for product shipments.
- Supports manufacturing and engineering problem solving efforts for in-process and vendor related quality problems.
- Supports product development and production transfer to ensure process capability exists and product requirements are understood.
- Participates in conducting both internal and vendor audits.
- Identifies and trains internal process auditors.
- Improves and monitors inspection processes.
- Performs all tasks associated with ISO certifications and compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in quality, operations management or engineering-related fields.
- Minimum of 5 years quality experience in a manufacturing environment that includes document management, inspection process and quality corrective action responsibilities.
- Experience in ISO quality system procedure requirements.
- ASQ certification (or equivalent) in quality and/or quality assurance.
- Quality management certification is a plus.
Please apply here.
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.