Dielectrics a UFP Technologies Company:
In 2018, UFP acquired Dielectrics a leader in the design, development, and manufacture of medical devices using thermoplastic material.
UFP Technologies is a producer of innovative custom-engineered components, products, and specialty packaging. Using foams, plastics, composites, and natural fiber materials, we design and manufacture a vast range of solutions primarily for the medical, automotive, aerospace & defense, electronics, consumer, and industrial markets. Our team acts as an extension of customers’ in-house research, engineering and manufacturing groups, working closely with them to solve their most complex product and packaging challenges. For our customers, innovation takes many shapes. But each solution is shaped by a level of design, materials and process expertise that is unique to UFP Technologies.
Position Location: Chicopee, MA
Responsible for performing diversified duties to monitor and ensure the proper quality testing of company products. Duties include: monitoring quality testing results, reading and interpreting SPC charts, detecting trends in product quality, analyzing process upsets, recommending process/procedural changes, assisting to train operators, and other similar duties primarily those pertaining to quality assurance auditing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Audit quality testing performed by operators and/or inspectors. Review quality testing results to ensure proper testing has been conducted, results properly recorded and that results are within specification. Read, review and interpret SPC charts. Detect trends in product quality and report to appropriate personnel. Ensure all ISO or other quality standards and procedures are being followed. Authorize release of finished goods based on quality audits.
- Troubleshoot process upsets or other out of specification situations. Investigate out of speculation situations to determine the root cause of problem. Make recommendations to change processes, specifications, procedures, machine settings, etc. and/or to retrain operators. Conduct any required special testing, failure analysis, validations, etc.
- Maintain a working liaison with other departments. Confer with production regarding training requirements for operators. Work with quality engineering personnel to develop product testing procedures, specifications, etc.
- Provide assistance and/or advise regarding the disposition of rejected items as a member of the Material Review Board. Work with production supervisors to dispose of normal line "off-fall" rejects.
- Ensure the proper calibration of testing instruments.
- Work with production supervisors to disposition normal daily line fall-off rejects.
- Work with material review board to disposition rejects resulting from upsets.
Education / Experience:
- High School diploma required.
- Specialized training in QA methods required.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and other specifications.
- Ability to use micrometers, calipers, and video measuring equipment.
- Basic knowledge of SPC control charting.
- Experience performing process validations (IQ/OQ/PQ) and writing PFMEA's.
- Experience with statistical software (i.e. Excel, Minitab) preferred.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills in problem analysis and problem-solving.
To apply please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.