About Dielectrics a UFP Technologies Company:
Dielectrics is the recognized leader in the design, development, and manufacturer of medical devices using thermoplastic materials. Our advanced suite of technologies, innovative processes and highest quality materials successfully bring our client’s products from concept to market. We share our customers’ excitement for innovation. We think there’s always a better way – whether it’s through subtle design improvements, changes in materials or the development of custom manufacturing equipment.
Position Location: Chicopee, MA
The Quality Technician / Auditor is responsible for performing diversified duties to monitor and ensure the proper quality testing of company products. Duties include: monitoring quality testing results, reading and interpreting SPC charts, detecting trends in product quality, analyzing process upsets, recommending process/procedural changes, assisting to train operators, and other similar duties primarily those pertaining to quality assurance auditing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Audits quality testing performed by operators and/or inspectors.
- Reviews quality testing results to ensure proper testing has been conducted, results properly recorded and results are within specification.
- Reads, reviews and interprets SPC charts.
- Detects trends in product quality and report to appropriate personnel.
- Ensures all ISO or other quality standards and procedures are being followed.
- Authorizes release of finished goods based on quality audits.
- Troubleshoots process upsets or other out of specification situations.
- Investigates out of spec situations to determine the root cause of problem.
- Confers with production personnel, inspectors, quality engineering personnel or other appropriate personnel as necessary.
- Makes recommendations to change processes, specifications, procedures, machine settings, etc. and/or to retrain operators.
- Conducts any required special testing, failure analysis, validations, etc.
- Maintains a working liaison with other departments.
- Confers with production regarding training requirements for operators.
- Works with quality engineering personnel to develop product testing procedures, specifications, etc.
- Provides assistance and/or advice regarding the disposition of rejected items as a member of the Material Review Board.
- Works with production supervisors to dispose of normal line "off-fall" rejects.
- Ensures the proper calibration of testing instruments.
Education / Experience:
- High School diploma and specialized training in QA methods required.
- Able to read and understand blueprints and other specifications.
- Able to use micrometers, calipers, and video measuring equipment.
- Basic knowledge of SPC control charting. Prefer experience with statistical software (i.e. Excel, Minitab)
- Experience performing process validations (IQ/OQ/PQ) and writing PFMEA's
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills in problem analysis and problem-solving.
Please apply here.
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled