About UFP Technologies
UFP Technologies is an innovative designer and custom manufacturer of components, subassemblies, products, and packaging primarily for the medical market. Utilizing highly specialized foams, films and plastics, UFP converts raw materials through laminating, molding, radio frequency welding, and fabricating techniques. The Company is diversified by also providing highly engineered solutions to customers in the aerospace & defense, automotive, consumer, electronics and industrial markets.
Location: Clinton, IA
The Quality/Continuous Improvement Manager identifies and implements the continuous improvement roadmap for the organization. This position will play an important role in helping to foster a culture of sustainable change through the creation and embedding of Lean methodologies and the supporting framework.
The incumbent will coordinate and execute performance improvement strategies and projects to achieve organizational goals and key metrics, and drive standardization of operating procedures to ensure optimization of labor, production efficiencies and cost reductions. Additionally, this position manages the organizations quality assurance programs, ensuring that customer quality requirements are met, and acts as lead for quality management system audits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads identification, deployment, and implementation of best practice operational methodologies to improve all aspects of manufacturing.
- Continually drives the need for change by providing guidance, coaching and direct hands-on support to the operations team in the application of the management system.
- Coaches and trains the manufacturing team, champions so they are confident and capable in supporting the continuous improvement efforts.
- Partners with site leadership in establishing a high performing organization.
- Facilitates the development and implementation of improvement ideas and leads projects as necessary.
- Maintains cost savings tracking database.
- Analyzes existing operations, systems, processes, and metrics to identify improvements and prioritize high-value improvement opportunities.
- Ensures improvement effort is followed through with documentation along with the communication of best practices and lessons learned.
- Ensures that business goals and customer requirements are met.
- Leads and manages projects that increase efficiency and improve overall operational performance independently.
- Initiates, facilitates, and leads cross functional teams for structured problem solving and corrective/preventive actions utilizing various problem-solving tools (P-D-C-A, Mapping, Kaizen A3, 8D, Fishbone, etc.)
- Leads the quality planning for new product introduction (NPI) projects or existing process changes to ensure risk and opportunities are addressed prior to moving to full scale production.
- Supports product development and production transfer to ensure process capability exists and product requirements are understood.
- Maintains the quality system to meet ISO 9001 certification; ensures the integrity of the Quality Management System; acts as lead for all audits.
- Supports ongoing quality system needs surrounding nonconforming material, document change requisitions, training, audits, and the calibration program.
- Investigates customer returns and complaints, provides root cause investigation, executes and monitors corrective actions.
- Provides frequent training, guidance and direction for manufacturing, engineering, materials, customers and suppliers in performance measurement.
- Provides program launch support at UFPT and customer facilities.
- Owns document management process and maintains controlled document system.
- Creates work instructions and standard operating procedures.
- Maintains calibration program for all gauges and equipment.
- Manages raw material and product containment at UFPT and customer facilities.
- Manages creation of C of C / C of A documents for product shipments.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in engineering, operations management, or quality related field.
- 10+ years experience in manufacturing, preferably in a continuous manufacturing process environment.
- 5+ years of management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Quality Management System and quality certification responsibility.
- ASQ certification (or equivalent) in quality and/or quality assurance.
- Quality management certification is a plus.
- Strong collaborative leadership style.
- Strong project management skills.
Please apply here.
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.