About Dielectrics a UFP Technologies Company:
Dielectrics is the recognized leader in the design, development, and manufacturer of medical devices using thermoplastic materials. Our advanced suite of technologies, innovative processes and highest quality materials successfully bring our client’s products from concept to market. We share our customers’ excitement for innovation. We think there’s always a better way – whether it’s through subtle design improvements, changes in materials or the development of custom manufacturing equipment.
Position Location: Chicopee, MA
The Quality Engineer has the responsibility for the development and implementation of quality systems for sealed plastic film products in an ISO9001 environment involving multiple industries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees PPAP activities and produce PPAP submittal packages.
- Participates as a member of the FMEA team.
- Develops and document control plans.
- Conducts statistical capability studies and set up SPC control charts.
- Documents inspection procedures and test methods.
- Performs regular audits of processes and materials to ensure that:
- Inspections, tests, and operations are being conducted and documented according to applicable specifications and standard operating procedures.
- The results of inspections and tests are in compliance with all applicable requirements.
- Monitors final release of finished product based on above audits.
- Monitors and interprets SPC charts to assure that processes remain in control.
- Directly interfaces with production in the operator training process for quality issues.
- Reviews reject reports and initiate corrective action as required.
- Directly interfaces with other support departments as required.
- Special testing when required for failure analysis, validations, etc.
- Sets up inspection/test equipment.
- Perform regularly scheduled calibration of measuring and test equipment.
Education / Experience:
- 4-year college degree or 2-year college degree and ASQC Certified Quality Engineer.
- Good working knowledge of ISO9000, PPAP, FMEA, AIAG Control Plan Methodology, and SPC.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization and with suppliers.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills in problem analysis and problem-solving.
The position requires a candidate to evidence their ability to live and work unsponsored in the United States as an employment contingency.
We offer the right candidate a competitive compensation package that includes a full menu of benefits including health and dental coverage, life and disability insurance, paid time off and 401(k) with company match.
Submittal before January 31, 2020 is requested.
Please apply here.
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.