About UFP MedTech:
UFP MedTech, a UFP Technologies, Inc (Nasdaq:UFPT) business, offers a full suite of design, development, process, and manufacturing services for single-use and single patient medical devices. We create OEM devices, subassemblies, components and packaging, from Innovation to Manufacturing, using a differentiated flexible materials portfolio with best-in-class operational excellence systems to improve patient outcomes for our clients.
Our culture is centered around innovation, collaboration, creativity, and service. This is the connective tissue that drives our pursuit of industry leadership and customer partnerships throughout our organization.
UFP Technologies, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package, including but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance
- 401K with a matching contribution
- Paid time off, Paid holidays, Employee discounts and much more!
Position Location: Chicopee, MA
The Quality Engineer is responsible for the development and implementation of quality systems for sealed plastic film products in an ISO9001 environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees PPAP activities and produce PPAP submittal packages.
- Participates as a member of the FMEA team.
- Develops and document control plans.
- Conducts statistical capability studies and set up SPC control charts.
- Documents inspection procedures and test methods.
- Performs regular audits of processes and materials to ensure that: Inspections, tests, and operations are being conducted and documented according to applicable specifications and standard operating procedures. Assures the results of inspections and tests are in compliance with all applicable requirements.
- Monitors final release of finished product based on above audits.
- Monitors and interprets SPC charts to assure that processes remain in control.
- Directly interfaces with production in the operator training process for quality issues.
- Reviews reject reports and initiate corrective action as required.
- Directly interfaces with other support departments as required.
- Completes special testing when required for failure analysis, validations, etc.
- Sets up inspection/test equipment.
- Performs regularly scheduled calibration of measuring and test equipment.
Education / Experience:
- 3-5 years experience in quality assurance/control.
- 4 year college degree or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- ASQC Certified Quality Engineer preferred.
- Experience with and good working knowledge of ISO9000, PPAP, FMEA, AIAG Control Plan Methodology, and SPC.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization and with suppliers.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills in problem analysis and problem solving.
For more information on UFP MedTech, visit www.ufpmedtech.com.
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Click here to apply for this job.