About UFP Technologies:
UFP Technologies is an innovative designer and custom manufacturer of components, subassemblies, products, and packaging primarily for the medical market. Utilizing highly specialized foams, films and plastics, UFP converts raw materials through laminating, molding, radio frequency welding, and fabricating techniques. The Company is diversified by also providing highly engineered solutions to customers in the aerospace & defense, automotive, consumer, electronics and industrial markets.
Position Location: Newburyport, MA
Job Summary: The Senior Accountant is responsible for supporting the monthly close process, SEC reporting and various technical accounting areas. This new position will play a significant role in supporting the Controller through the analysis of inventory and financial variances and will have the ability to gain exposure to various other functions in the Finance area as the position evolves.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes as a key member of the month-end close process to ensure accuracy, completeness and compliance with company and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Manages and supports the preparation of all periodic tax and statutory filings, including but not limited, to sales and use taxes, property and excise taxes, franchise and annual reports, 1099 filings, annual misc. business licenses, censuses, surveys, etc.
- Assists in the preparation of SEC reports (10-K, 10-Q, etc.).
- Assists in the research and documentation of technical accounting matters.
- Assists in the implementation of new accounting standards.
- Manages the lease accounting process.
- Assists in the management of the inventory accounting system including analyzing variances.
- Analyzes balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis, ensuring their overall integrity and accuracy.
- Assists in the management of quarter-end and year-end audits performed by a 3rd party public accounting firm, ensuring favorable and timely completions.
- Provides support to other financial and related tax, bank, and insurance audits.
- Supports Controller with on-demand investigation to explain monthly, quarterly, and annual financial variances.
- Performs special accounting and finance related projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- 4 -7 years of progressive accounting experience.
- Recent public accounting experience (with CPA designation) desired.
- Familiarity with SEC reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to research and document technical accounting issues.
- Understanding of cost and inventory accounting.
- Epicor ERP systems experience, a plus.
- Above average proficiency in Microsoft applications.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills.
- Team player, acting with impeccable confidentiality and professionalism.
Please apply here.
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled