About UFP Technologies:
UFP Technologies is a producer of innovative custom-engineered components, products, and specialty packaging. Using foams, plastics, composites, and natural fiber materials, we design and manufacture a vast range of solutions primarily for the medical, automotive, aerospace & defense, electronics, consumer, and industrial markets. Our team acts as an extension of customers’ in-house research, engineering and manufacturing groups, working closely with them to solve their most complex product and packaging challenges. For our customers, innovation takes many shapes. But each solution is shaped by a level of design, materials and process expertise that is unique to UFP Technologies.
Position Location: Clinton, IA
Position Summary: The Senior Buyer is responsible for all procurement necessary to keep the plant equipped with materials, supplies and services used in the manufacturing of molded fiber components. Coordination of all activities related to procurement such as supplier management including on time delivery, quality rejections, and premium freight utilizing Material Requirement Planning (MRP) systems and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software is performed using best buy practices and conformance to UFP corporate procedures and Sarbanes-Oxley.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages inventory levels to targets; monitors customer demand and production schedules to ensure adequate material availability.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Reviews current material costs and negotiates cost savings when appropriate.
- Ensures lowest cost purchasing of MRO items.
- Monitors incoming freight costs based on established budgets.
- Maintains, tracks, and reports supplier quality rating – on time delivery, supplier project portfolio management (PPM)’s and expedited freight.
- Manages the return of defective materials with suppliers including authorization of payment of invoices or return of merchandise.
- Requests and reviews supplier corrective actions.
- Maintains and performs monthly raw material inventory per UFP corporate procedures and in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Analyzes and monitors sales records, trends and economic conditions to anticipate consumer buying patterns and determines what the company will sell and how much inventory is needed.
- Confers with Sales and provides quotes/pricing as needed.
- Attends daily production meetings and presents any material shortages or supplier issues.
- Develops and implements strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value and drive continuous improvement.
- Travels to suppliers up to 10% of the time.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in material procurement or similar discipline, and 5 years related work experience in a manufacturing environment; or
- Equivalent combination of above education and experience.
- Strong analytical abilities and experience working with ERP and MRP systems.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from groups of managers, coworkers, vendors and customers.
- Experience with lean manufacturing and six sigma environment a plus.
Please click here to apply.
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled