About UFP MedTech:
UFP MedTech, a UFP Technologies, Inc (Nasdaq:UFPT) business, offers a full suite of design, development, process, and manufacturing services for single-use and single patient medical devices. We create OEM devices, subassemblies, components and packaging, from Innovation to Manufacturing, using a differentiated flexible materials portfolio with best-in-class operational excellence systems to improve patient outcomes for our clients.
Our culture is centered around innovation, collaboration, creativity, and service. This is the connective tissue that drives our pursuit of industry leadership and customer partnerships throughout our organization.
UFP Technologies, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package, including but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance
- 401K with a matching contribution
- Paid time off, Paid holidays, Employee discounts and much more!
Position Location: Newburyport, Massachusetts
The Senior Buyer is responsible for the coordination of all activities related to procurement such as purchasing, material quotes, supply and delivery communication. They are also accountable for quality, related to suppliers utilizing Material Requirement Planning (MRP) systems and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software using best buy practices and conformance to UFP procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uses knowledge of Material Requirement Planning (MRP) system to generate purchase orders and releases based on material requirements.
- Works with Customer Service and Production if material supply is delayed; or needed in a rush.
- Obtains quotes for materials, supplies, and services as needed.
- Works with Suppliers, handles Supplier rejects, returns/credits and maintains records in Supplier Quality file.
- Handles various special projects assigned by Supply Chain Manager, Materials Manager, or Manufacturing Manager, related to product search, costing, plant operations or financials.
- Helps to maintain accurate material prices; collects various material data as requested.
- Tracks materials/inventory levels on certain projects on a regular basis.
- Maintains material flow and paperwork for sub-contract suppliers, monitoring overall status.
- Helps the Supply Chain Manager with a variety of duties and covers during absence.
- Travels to supplier less than 5% of the time.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in material procurement or similar discipline, and minimum of 10 years’ experience in a procurement function supporting a manufacturing operation
- Equivalent combination of above education and experience considered.
- Strong analytical abilities and experience working with MRP systems.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from groups of managers, coworkers, vendors and customers.
- Experience with lean manufacturing and six sigma environment a plus.
Please click here to apply.
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled