About UFP Technologies:
UFP Technologies is a producer of innovative custom-engineered components, products, and specialty packaging. Using foams, plastics, composites, and natural fiber materials, we design and manufacture a vast range of solutions primarily for the medical, automotive, aerospace & defense, electronics, consumer, and industrial markets. Our team acts as an extension of customers’ in-house research, engineering and manufacturing groups, working closely with them to solve their most complex product and packaging challenges. For our customers, innovation takes many shapes. But each solution is shaped by a level of design, materials and process expertise that is unique to UFP Technologies.
Position Location: Newburyport, MA
The Senior Design Engineer performs the activities associated with the development and integration of medical products. Leads the design and development of product solutions to fulfill market and customer needs. Manages resources to reducing time-to-market, developing design and design support resources to support future growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as a technical point-of-contact, dealing directly with the customer to define the problem they are trying to solve, developing product specifications and managing development through the rapid prototype, design approval and transfer of products into production.
- Conducts face-to-face meetings with customers defining product specification and providing updates on new product development projects.
- Provides hands-on design support utilizing design tools like; Solid Works, CAD, and statistical tools to develop new products to meet customer requirements.
- Collaborates with account and sales management to secure new product and product innovation revenue in support of our business objectives.
- Manages cross-functional teams, as required.
- Conducts design review meetings with customers.
- Works closely with manufacturing & automation engineering, quality, production and other internal resources to ensure that customer and business objectives are achieved.
- Develops and monitors project budgets and schedules, forecast completion, and identifies and resolves threats to on-time project completion.
- Leads employee development efforts for those employees reporting to the position, as well as, working with supervisors of other resources, providing input on development of individuals in other areas.
- Performs all other duties as assigned or needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Physics, and
- Seven to ten years of experience in design or applications engineering, or equivalent combination of experience and education. Minimum of 3 years interfacing directly with customers.
- Minimum of three years’ experience managing cross-functional teams to develop new products.
- Medical device environment experience desired.
- Hands-on experience in the use of CAD tools required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
Please apply here.
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.