About UFP MedTech:
UFP MedTech, a UFP Technologies, Inc (Nasdaq:UFPT) business, offers a full suite of design, development, process, and manufacturing services for single-use and single patient medical devices. We create OEM devices, subassemblies, components and packaging, from Innovation to Manufacturing, using a differentiated flexible materials portfolio with best-in-class operational excellence systems to improve patient outcomes for our clients.
Our culture is centered around innovation, collaboration, creativity, and service. This is the connective tissue that drives our pursuit of industry leadership and customer partnerships throughout our organization.
UFP Technologies, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package, including but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance
- 401K with a matching contribution
- Paid time off, Paid holidays, Employee discounts and much more!
Position Location: Chicopee, Massachusetts
Applies advanced knowledge of continuous improvement engineering theory and methods to design, integrate, and improve companywide manufacturing systems or related processes and new process development. Work with designers, to refine product designs to increase manufacturability and decrease costs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applies lean manufacturing techniques to reduce manufacturing waste.
- Conducts time studies and adjusts production standards as required.
- Designs and oversees the fabrication of manufactures tooling and fixtures to support continuous improvement projects.
- Coordinates fabrication of tools and fixtures to be used in production.
- Monitors scrap rates and initiates projects to reduce scrap cost in manufacturing.
- Works with team leaders and production management to review shop order variances (material and labor) and initiates projects to eliminate variances and improve actual cost performance.
- Trains work-cell team members in continuous improvement, works with team leaders and production supervisors to create a culture of continuous improvement.
- Manages activities of manufacturing engineer I’s and green belts as required.
- Prepares work instructions to communicate proper set-up and operation of manufacturing processes to produce products which meet customer requirements.
- Trains production team members in the development and use of visual production tools to promote improvements to product quality and production efficiency.
- Provides reports, summarizing problem solving and corrective action efforts to production teams and customers as required.
- Assists in the design, install and troubleshooting of basic manufacturing equipment such as jigs, fixtures and gauges.
- Utilizes six sigma tools and methodologies to determine root causes of failures, uses statistical methods and recommends changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Prepares estimates and proposals for projects to aid in the approval of continuous improvement projects through knowledge of UFP manufacturing capabilities and appropriate materials selection.
- Submits capital projects for approval, as required.
- Tracks continuous improvements projects and reports results monthly.
- Prepares reports summarizing information or trends related to manufacturing performance.
- Trains production personnel in new or existing methodology.
- Supports new product transfer into production, works with our design team on new product designs to ensure that our processes are capable of meeting customer requirements and Validation activities (IQ, OQ, PQ).
- Interacts with customers, account managers, manufacturing personnel, vendors and team members whenever necessary to satisfy project requirements.
- Manages individual performance providing coaching, mentoring and performance feedback to ensure that Engineering objectives are achieved.
- Defines employee/team development requirements. Implements training and development activities in support of individual and team growth.
Education / Experience:
- BS in Engineering or relevant discipline and 7+ years of continuous improvement experience in a manufacturing environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have experience managing continuous improvement green belts and technical engineers responsible for continuous improvement.
- Must have a proven track record in apply lean manufacturing and other continuous improvement manufacturing methodologies. Experience with GD&T, CAD, Minitab, MS Project strongly desired.
- Proven track record applying statistical analysis to develop and control processes in a manufacturing environment.
- Manufacturing experience must include heavy emphasis on assembly operations, tooling evaluation, vendor qualification, facilities engineering and cost savings through process improvement.
- Must have experience organizing, running, and mentoring on validation activities (IQ, OQ, PQ).
For more information on UFP MedTech, visit www.ufpmedtech.com.