About UFP Technologies:
UFP Technologies is an innovative designer and custom manufacturer of components, subassemblies, products, and packaging primarily for the medical market. Utilizing highly specialized foams, films and plastics, UFP converts raw materials through laminating, molding, radio frequency welding, and fabricating techniques. The Company is diversified by also providing highly engineered solutions to customers in the aerospace & defense, automotive, consumer, electronics and industrial markets.
Position Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Job Summary: The Shipper/Receiver (3rd Shift: Sunday – Wednesday 6:30pm – 5:00am) performs all functions associated with material movement required to ship/receive products, raw materials and other supplies from delivery trucks or production into warehouse locations. Responsible for the loading, storage, and inventory control of raw materials, purchased materials, finished goods, and a variety of manufacturing supplies or materials. Verifies quantities to ensure inventory accuracy. Supports production requirements by filling material requisitions in a timely manner. Performs activities related to monthly and quarterly physical inventories.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs all duties required for shipping and receiving materials.
- Organizes warehouse as instructed.
- Ensures inventory transactions and material receipts are done in an accurate, timely manner.
- Places stock into inventory locations in a timely manner.
- Assists in the loading and unloading of trucks.
- Delivers raw materials and shop supplies to production areas as required.
- Complies with all existing safety and materials handling policies and procedures.
- Participates on quality improvement and cost reduction teams.
- High school diploma; general education degree (GED) or equivalent experience.
- Requires basic reading, writing and math skills.
- Fork truck operating certificate required.
- 2 years Hi-Lo experience in a Shipping/Receiving role.
- Must pass fork lift operator training.
UFP Technologies, Inc. offers a full benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401K with a matching contribution, paid time off, paid holidays, employee discounts and much more!
Note: This position is a temporary position on 3rd shift with the potential to go permanent. Applicants will work through our partnering temp agency.
Please apply here.
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled