About UFP Technologies:
UFP Technologies is a producer of innovative custom-engineered components, products, and specialty packaging. Using foams, plastics, composites, and natural fiber materials, we design and manufacture a vast range of solutions primarily for the medical, automotive, aerospace & defense, electronics, consumer, and industrial markets. Our team acts as an extension of customers’ in-house research, engineering and manufacturing groups, working closely with them to solve their most complex product and packaging challenges. For our customers, innovation takes many shapes. But each solution is shaped by a level of design, materials and process expertise that is unique to UFP Technologies.
Position Location: Clinton, IA
Summary: The Shipping / Receiving Manager reports to the Plant Manager and is responsible for management of shipping, receiving, inventory and traffic management activities in support of production and customer service requirements. The Shipping / Receiving Manager supervises assigned personnel to include interviewing, counseling, disciplining, appraising performance and ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures. Other responsibilities include directing the scheduling of shipments and initiation of investigations into causes of shipping errors; implementing corrective action measures as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Directs warehousing activities for organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates:
- Schedules daily/weekly customer deliveries.
- Participates in the loading and unloading of trailers, as well as cleaning and light maintenance of assigned work area.
- Reviews and monitors inventory transactions in ERP system. Ensures raw and finished goods inventories are accurate.
- Establishes operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory current.
- Schedules customer deliveries using company trucks, common carriers and/or LTL delivery services as directed by customer’s residence.
- Ensures materials issues and receipts are completed on a timely basis.
- Ensures shipping transactions are accurate and timely.
- Manages monthly and quarterly physical inventories, working with purchasing group to reconcile inventory.
Manages and develops employees including:
- Training and cross-training department personnel.
- Monitoring performance and providing timely coaching as required.
- Conducting timely performance reviews.
- Utilizing progressive discipline process in addressing performance problems.
- Ensuring warehouse staff is trained in and follow company safety policies and procedures.
Other duties and responsibilities:
- Manages departmental spending to within budget. Confers with department heads to ensure coordination of warehouse activities with activities of other functions such as production, sales, records control, and purchasing.
- Participates in quality corrective action meetings.
- Manages operator fork lift driver training and certification.
- Coordinates recycling programs with outside contractors.
- Ensures compliance to existing safety policies and procedures. Inspects physical condition of warehouse and equipment. Participates in planning personnel safety and plant protection activities.
Education / Experience:
- High school diploma, general education diploma (GED) or equivalent work experience, plus 3 years shipping/receiving and warehousing experience.
- 3 years Supervisory/Team Lead experience in a warehouse setting preferred.
- Current drivers license in good standing.
Please click here to apply.
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled