About UFP Technologies
UFP Technologies is an innovative designer and custom manufacturer of components, subassemblies, products, and packaging primarily for the medical market. Utilizing highly specialized foams, films and plastics, UFP converts raw materials through laminating, molding, radio frequency welding, and fabricating techniques. The Company is diversified by also providing highly engineered solutions to customers in the aerospace & defense, automotive, consumer, electronics and industrial markets.
Location: Clinton, IA
Overall responsibility for strategic sourcing and purchasing, customer order management, warehousing and inventory management, shipping/receiving and logistics. Develops, implements and maintains strategies, policies and procedures to reduce costs, streamline process and achieve business goals. Manage the customer service, purchasing, warehousing, and shipping / receiving functions/teams. Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in a dynamic and fast paced work environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads, directs and assists the customer service function in the end-to-end process from order entry to invoicing to meet the organizations overall business objectives and protect customer relationships.
- Drives a continuous improvement mentality to enhance the customer experience.
- Sets and reports benchmark metrics to drive customer service excellence using NPS, scorecard and OTD metrics as improvement tools.
- Establishes and maintains ongoing level of engagement with key customers.
- Facilitates effective communication with cross functional departments to optimize business performance and improve the overall customer experience.
- Leads, directs and assists purchasing staff in material planning, negotiations and procurement to meet cost and inventory objectives.
- Supports day to day activities in purchasing including raw material, MRO and capital project purchases.
- Leads and supports the overall management of supplier quality and performance to meet business goals; establishes and reports key metrics to drive achievement of business goals.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key vendors and suppliers to ensure cost control and competitiveness.
- Supports the RFQ process and contract negotiations.
- Establishes purchasing policies and procedures to accomplish procurement of a variety of materials in a cost-effective manner and ensures compliance with applicable policies.
- Leads, directs and supports the shipping/receiving, distribution and warehouse functions.
- Leads periodic physical inventory process; identifies and implements initiatives to drive inventory accuracy.
- Identifies, defines and champions projects to improve cost, quality, and delivery.
- Participates in strategic supplier and customer visits.
- Collaborates with the management team to develop and implement strategic plans for the infrastructure, processes and organizational structure to achieve the growth objectives of the organization.
Education / Experience:
- 10+ years experience in supply chain management.
- Bachelors’ degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in customer service, purchasing and shipping/receiving in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven record of driving improvements in customer service, purchasing and inventory management.
- Experience leading teams in multiple locations, remote work and varying job classifications.
- Demonstrated strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication/negotiation skills in order to perform job duties successfully.
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Click here to apply!