About UFP Technologies:
UFP Technologies is a producer of innovative custom-engineered components, products, and specialty packaging. Using foams, plastics, composites, and natural fiber materials, we design and manufacture a vast range of solutions primarily for the medical, automotive, aerospace & defense, electronics, consumer, and industrial markets. Our team acts as an extension of customers’ in-house research, engineering and manufacturing groups, working closely with them to solve their most complex product and packaging challenges. For our customers, innovation takes many shapes. But each solution is shaped by a level of design, materials and process expertise that is unique to UFP Technologies.
Position Location: Clinton, IA
Our work schedule is a rotating 48/36 workweek:
Wknd Night Shift: Week 1: Thursday through Sunday 5PM – 5AM = 48 hours
Week 2: Friday through Sunday 5PM – 5AM = 36 hours
We do require mandatory overtime as business needs dictate.
Starting hourly rate is between $20 - $22 + shift premium, depending on experience. Wage increases for developmental milestones are anywhere from 120 days to one year, however, may be sooner given experience and drive! $250 sign-on bonus for individuals new to UFP Technologies.
Oversees production activities of employees in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. May provide a limited and/or supportive role in interviewing prospective operators; training employees; planning, assigning and directing work. May be involved in providing feedback on employee performance. Decision making skills sufficient to direct the shift tasks of team to achieve delivery, quality and cost objectives. Assists in addressing complaints and resolving problems. Serves as a backup operator, pulper, presser and packer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assigns work, monitor quality and productivity.
- Works with first and second shift supervision to support customer delivery requirements.
- Performs set-up and operation of all UFP machinery he/she has been trained to operate.
- Monitors machine operations while maintaining quality.
- Troubleshoots and correct operational problems as they occur.
- Understands production order, label making, and travelers.
- Oversees daily operations of production line(s) to ensure timely completion of product schedules and maintenance of quality.
- Works under general supervision from the Production Manager, supervises the training and work of Machine Operators.
- Refers any decision on tooling or schedule changes to the Production Manager.
- Assists in production / replaces absent workers when production needs dictate.
- Determines if final product meets company quality standards and customer requirements.
- Partners with and refers more complex issues of product acceptability to Supervisor.
- Completes daily inspection and pack report.
- Participates in a variety of cleaning duties during production shut down.
- Gauges, calibrates and inspects finished product according to customer and internal requirements.
- Trains and directs new employees on customer specific quality and tasks.
- Safely and conscientiously handles weight measuring and calibration equipment in order to regularly monitor quality.
- Operates Hot Press or conduct rework as needed.
- Maintains work area in clean and safe condition.
- Cross-trains as a Pulper, Presser, Material Handler
- Adheres to our PPE policy: safety glasses, safety shoes, face coverings and other special PPE dependent on tasks.
Education / Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or equivalent experience.
- Supervisor Experience preferred
- Experience in manufacturing industry preferred, but not required.
UFP Technologies, Inc. offers a full benefit package, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401K with a matching contribution, profit sharing, paid time off, paid holidays, employee discounts and much more.
Click to apply here!
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.